The Tom and Jerry fighting game that should have already existed

Originally published at: The Tom and Jerry fighting game that should have already existed | Boing Boing

this scene from Teen Titans Go! will have to serve as the next best thing.

Unless the Simpsons releases an Itchy and Scratchy (or perhaps Worker and Parasite) fight-fight-fighting game.

5 Likes

Needs moar frying pan/frying pan shaped face.

7 Likes

And stepping onto a rake.

3 Likes

Just letting you know that both characters are most likely available in Mugen.

I was able to find Tom, but no Jerry:

https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=18958-tom-the-cat-hannah-montana

Someone with more time can probably find (or make) a Jerry character pack.

ETA: Nevermind, Jerry is here. MugenDB Tom page here.

1 Like

Seems the much-anticipated Nickelodeon takeoff failed rather miserably out of the gate due to a lack of things like voice-acting. Perhaps Multiversus will learn from this failure.

Anyway, there was definitely at least one T&J fighting game, and it seems the level of violence was sufficiently extreme to give it a T rating.

2 Likes

Well, there kinda was one for the SNES…

2 Likes
3 Likes

I have that book!

ETA- I have always loved the WB Loony Toons shorts but Tom and Jerry always left me cold, even as a child. I don’t know what it is, but they just aren’t funny like Bugs, Daffy et al.

Also Woody Woodpecker sucks too.

1 Like

I read that comics a loooong time ago. It was a local magazine called Animal, that published mainly european stuff. I think their role model was an spanish magazine called “El Vibora”.

Come On Reaction GIF

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.