Artist sculpts the mishaps of Tom of "Tom and Jerry"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/19/artist-sculpts-the-mishaps-of.html

10 Likes

These are stupendous! I’m sure they’re all hand-made with sculpting putty or something, but I would totally be interested in them as a line of vinyl collectors toys.

22 Likes

Holy shit - these are fucking awesome!

But where is Jerry? Poor Tom :frowning:

7 Likes

Thank you, BoingBoing. These are truly wonderful things.

Although it might cheapen the whole thing, I’d love to be able to buy a set.

3 Likes

Most of these situations are indelibly imprinted on my brain.

3 Likes

1 Like

These are all fucking wonderful! I’ve probably seen every T&J cartoon over the years, and I recognise pretty much every one of these models.
I want them, I want them all!
Just a thought, ‘Wile.E Coyote’…
Just putting it out there, you understand…

3 Likes

Is there any way (for a non-twitter user) to see them all without serially clicking twitter link after twitter link? EDITED: OK I looked at his actual twitter page and scrolled through everything else he posted there. Confirms my view below that he IS a genius.

ETA I looked at the first three - these are truly wonderful things and this guy is a genius. Awaiting a cease and desist from MGM in 3…2…1…
But why MGM didn’t think of this and produce similar years ago is a mystery. They should license the rights to reproduce these asap.

1 Like

I think Tom was focused on since he (being the ‘loser’ in most, if not all, interactions with Jerry) offered the much greater number of sculpting opportunities: flattened; stretched; disassembled, etc.

2 Likes

Zoot suit cat episode!!! That one is my favorite!

I encourage anyone who has never seen it to seek it out. It’s a blast! Hanna-Barbara at their best.

5 Likes

Utterly fantastic!

3 Likes

While I remember Tom being the loser in the end, Jerry had his share of abuse.

1 Like

Quite true.

The only sculpting opportunities I see for Jerry though would include he going all bulge-eyed, or (better yet) seeing him in a tiny zoot suit. I can’t recall he ever being flattened or distorted (as in the case of Tom) in some way. Maybe he was… I don’t know.

1 Like

you could actually use them in stop motion but I’m betting the copy holder would be less than forth coming

like in habeas corpus even

Prisoner__Nr%206__Neat!

3 Likes

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.