The trailer for Pixar's Elemental is finally here

Originally published at: The trailer for Pixar's Elemental is finally here | Boing Boing

1 Like

OK, what if…and hear me out on this…matter had feelings?

2 Likes

Lightyear was a critical flop?

2 Likes

People with a steam fetish have never been more excited.

1 Like

Relative to other Pixar films, yes. On Rotten Tomatoes it has a “certified fresh” rating of 74%, which sounds good but still makes it the 23rd-best reviewed Pixar film, just behind The Good Dinosaur.

6 Likes

That doesn’t make it a critical flop though, and this film was a commercial flop even outside the lens of relative to other Pixar films. It’s just a weird way to frame it, especially when it was a film targeted as proof of “go woke go broke.”

3 Likes

So did they get the rights to They Might Be Giants’ “Meet the Elements” for the theme?

5 Likes

Spoiler: the star-crossed lovers eventually have a child together named Luke.

Luke Warm.

6 Likes

Huh. I would have thought that the results of their coupling would be a bit… steamier.

2 Likes

In Pixar’s Elemental (2023), two opposites have to go a journey together and annoy one another but then develop a bond. Then there’s a misunderstanding before the third act and they get mad and separate. Then realize they love one another and rescue each other at the end. Just a guess.

4 Likes

How is this a ‘follow up’ to Lightyear, it has nothing to do with it?

I actually thought Lightyear was a great movie on it’s own, as an animated movie. It was just no where near being the ‘actual movie Andy saw’ however.

1 Like

howls moving castle howl GIF

6 Likes

I like cartoons!

3 Likes

I would much rather see an animated film about the Bad Dinosaur!

2 Likes
3 Likes

“Civilization Is Shocked!” WTF

(It’s a Danish production. Perhaps an example of the problems that can be encountered with direct translations?)

I would have thought Tears for Fear’s Elemental.

(Which would actually make a pretty good action sequence song)

1 Like

Wise words. I also like cartoons.

4 Likes

Elementals in love?

4 Likes

Schitts Creek Girl GIF by CBC

5 Likes