"The Umbrella Academy" season 3 releases this Wednesday

Originally published at: "The Umbrella Academy" season 3 releases this Wednesday | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Woo!

I’ve been hoping this would come out soon but worried it’d got killed off by Netflix.

3 Likes

Yeah, or not enough of the cast would agree to a third season, all sorts of things can derail ensemble cast stories.

All right, Netflix, I shall keep the subscription for another couple of months. Sorry, Disney+; I have to watch this first, and finish the second season of Russian Doll. Oh, and finally watch that Mike Myers thingy.

3 Likes

Let us know if it isn’t a god-awful, stomach-churning trainwreck.

4 Likes

It’s got its moments, but is more wreck than not.

Looking forward to another apocalyptic tale of the Hargreeves family.

2 Likes

I will let you know. I mean, the fnords were already in the trailer, so it does promise to be more Austin Powers and less Cat in the Hat. But it is Mike Myers.

I fully expect it to be a train wreck. But I have to see it. I blame Steve Jackson Games and the Church of the SubGenius for my morbid curiosity. Fnord.

3 Likes

I saw the first episode, if anything I’d put it in “Austin Powers 3” territory in that it reminded me of when Mike Meyers was a legit comic genius but didn’t actually make me laugh.

5 Likes

So, still a HUGE improvement over The Love Guru then!

But not good enough to actually watch

2 Likes

Man, I really need to crack open Season 2. Season 1 was awesome.

2 Likes

just rewatched season 2 over the weekend. love it. excited for S3, but i need to wait for the mets to have a day off.

2 Likes

It’s… Canadian. I get the feeling it’s more Mike Myers making fun of his homeland than it is making fun of conspiracies. But that’s all right.

And Mike Myers playing so many roles I lose track of which character is which because they are all Mike Myers, and look a lot alike.

A little gross-out humor (that I am too old now to find funny), but not so much that I cringed. I’ll watch it to the end, but I don’t need a sequel series.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.