The United States is the #1 worst G20 nation when it comes to climate change

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/25/the-united-states-is-the-1-worst-g20-nation-when-it-comes-to-climate-change.html

1 Like

The United States is the #1 worst G20 nation when it comes to climate chang

No shit, Sherlock!

3 Likes

I thought most forest fires in the US were primarily as a result of bad/failed forest management policies and practices. How is the cost and damage attributed to the total climate change damage suffered by the US?

1 Like

Perhaps the US is actually the VERY BEST at changing the climate.

2 Likes

Did you forget to add an /s tag or have you been listening to too much Trump?

Seriously, though, I know that article includes forest management as an issue (but refers to forest management practices, and does not say that they are deficient, merely different - in some cases deliberately allowing more fires as a positive practice after years of suppressing fires that - it is implied - ought to have been allowed), but it was Trump who blamed forest management as a way of avoiding the other issues and as a tacit justification for starving forest management of more funds. Plus, some forest fires are primarily caused by fuckwits with exploding gender parties or unable to read and obey simple instructions such as ‘no barbecues’.

4 Likes

The worst of a lacklustre bunch – no country on that list should feel smug or superior. The we’re going, humanity just isnt’ going to meet the 1.5-degree increase benchmark. 2-degrees is the more likely rise and we (non-human corporate “persons” as well as individuals) have to prepare for the consequences while continuing to make sure it isn’t worse.

4 Likes

2 Likes

The United States is the Mississippi of the developed world.

2 Likes

This is why John Kerry’s appointment doesn’t mean much to me. I mean, he’s a good guy, popular and effective in the diplomatic community, etc., but the Paris Accords or whatever we’re on now don’t mean shit. What the United States decides to do, itself, internally, is the most important thing.

2 Likes

It was sarcasm

I thought that was Scotland.

1 Like

And all it took was a G20 summit to notice and state the FUCKING OBVIOUS.

Money well spent.

1 Like

I apologize, as a Californian, who lives near the site of a couple of the most recent fires, for not doing my tRumpian duty and going out to sweep the hillsides of dry brush.

Seriously, a lot of the fires aren’t “forests”, but more oak chaparral or grassy hills where a lot of the litter is annual plants that get recycled into the soil each winter, not built up tree litter.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.