The US and Canada have officially launched SHIELD

Originally published at: The US and Canada have officially launched SHIELD | Boing Boing

4 Likes

There aren’t too many shields in western mythologies, and they’ve already used Aegis. Rummaging in Chinese or Russian mythologies is probably a non-starter.

Naming it after historical shields… The Roman scutum? Er, no.

They could have assigned a code name, but they never understand that code names are supposed to be random.

But will we get flying aircraft carriers?

5 Likes

I can’t wait for the congressional investigation hearings into the failure of Operation Beer Yeti.

Or Penguin Fondle.

7 Likes

If this had nothing to do with Marvel, then they’re leaving money on the table. They could have auctioned off the naming rights, and people would sleep better knowing that they were protected by GoldenPalace.com.

1 Like

Great! Now the GOP just has to change their name to SPECTRE and we’re all set!

11 Likes

Of course not. Observation of super heroes currently falls within the realm of S.W.O.R.D. (which apparently now stands for Sentient Weapon Observation Response Division).

9 Likes

It may have nothing to do with Marvel, but I’d bet good money Sam Jackson will be employed there. That man’s in everything.

3 Likes

I give to you, Highlander 2 - The Worst Movie Ever Made…

TLDR - It has a sky SHIELD thing in it and it’s the Worst Movie Ever Made.

5 Likes

Hearting once for the SHIELD connection, then undoing it and re-hearting for the sentiment re: the movie’s quality.

4 Likes

Maria Hill:
What does S.H.I.E.L.D. stand for, Agent Ward?

Grant Ward:
Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.

Maria:
And what does that mean to you?

Ward:
It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out “shield.”

16 Likes

To hell with flying aircraft carrier, I’ll settle for agent Coulson’s flying corvette.

Are you sure they wouldn’t be A.I.M. instead?

7 Likes

Safeguard reloaded?

2 Likes

I guess its time to revive Memos from Fury

Memos From Fury

2 Likes

Hydra, surely?

7 Likes

Highlander 2: There Can Be Only One

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.