The Wake Up Wine Pro decants any wine in under 10 minutes

Memories of Rum & Blacks, and a 2-liter bottle of Bulmers, in the dark in a graveyard near a Dunnes store.

3 Likes

Is that anything close to the fabled Scots “Buckhorn”? fortified wine? I hear tell that is a doozie on the order of real mountain moonshine, the likes a’which I’ll ne’er tipple…

Bucky wine is English technically, and it’s “popular” throughout the UK and Ireland. And no. Buckfasts tastes a bit more like Coca Cola Syrup after you put a couple dozen menthol cigarettes out in it. It’s about 15% alcohol and has more caffeine than Red Bull.

I’ve actually got a bottle on my desk the cousins smuggled over to the US for me. I’m saving it for a special occasion because it turns you into a Satanist. So it’s a handle with care situation.

Ribena is just black current squash (drink mix), couple brands are popular throughout the UK and Ireland. MiWadi is the Irish local brand, and there’s Robinson’s.

2 Likes

Merrydown Cider and Amarillo Sherry in Kings Heath Park (shudders at the memory of the hangovers).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.