The Warcraft movie is breaking box-office records...in China

I’ve never played Warcraft but the trailer didn’t appeal to me.

One reason is something I can’t even really blame the filmmakers for: the Orcs just look ridiculous, especially when delivering dialogue. This was a no-win situation because the character designers had to choose between

1. Changing the look of the Orcs from the game, thus alienating the fanbase or
  2. Making a bunch of goofy looking cartoon characters who we intuitively know would never be able to approximate normal human speech
  3. Making all Orc dialogue sound comically slurred
3 Likes

I’m actually going to have to drive somewhere to see it, since it looks like neither of my small neighborhood theaters are going to have it. But I will! If nothing else, I get to ogle Travis Fimmel for a couple hours. I enjoy the lore, but I’m crap at remembering it, so I won’t notice if they screw anything up.

2 Likes

You really needed to bring up your opinion on the new GB? Really?

1 Like

1 Like

http://www.theonion.com/video/warcraft-sequel-lets-gamers-play-a-character-playi-14240

5 Likes

If you want to make a movie about a MMORPG, why not film REAMDE?

2 Likes

Or Otherland.

I’ve read that thread, and yeah, you seem to have a penchant for finding terrible films. Not quite on par with my old friend Rat-a-tat Cat, who would peruse the $1 VHS bins to find quite literally the bottom of the proverbial movie barrel.

That said, without Rat-a-tat Cat, I would never have gotten to enjoy one of my favorite cringe-worthy lines ever spoken on film: “I don’t know, I’m really wired…say, why don’t I take you home and eat your pussy?”

EDIT: With all this talk about the trailer–how about a link?

EDIT EDIT: Looks pretty, if anything. Maybe not gonna win an Oscar or anything, but hey, I spent money AND theater time watching…oh man…Battlefield Earth. Yes, I know, and I’m sorry.

3 Likes

I liked that book more than I thought I would. Took me a while to digest it though.

I bet if we wait long enough, it’s going to be a case of life imitating art, sooner or later.

Btw the audio book voice actor for REAMDE has a delivery that made my blood run cold. His portrayal of the villain is creepy x 1000.

1 Like

It’s tanking in the US? it’s only been released today!!! what you mean is you want it to tank.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.