The Washington Times publishes retraction and apology to Aaron Rich, brother of Seth

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/01/the-washington-times-publishes.html

2 Likes

6 Likes

Otherwise known as the Moonie Times. I wish they’d been required to state their ownership by a cult at the top of the retraction.

5 Likes

I love how Hannity used Kim Dotcom as some kind of unimpeachable source for this conspiracy, when Mr. Dotcom was fighting extradition to the US, and had been caught making up fake emails to use in his defense in NZ. I trace this conservative reliance on conspiracy theory back to the “Clinton Death List” where anyone even remotely connected to Bill and Hillary who may have died was considered to have died under “suspicious circumstances”. . . like heart attacks (as if that’s strange and rare.)

5 Likes

Typo alert: Rich was murdered in 2016, not 2006. I would have remembered 12 years of this bullshit.

4 Likes

Shorter :
“The lie served its purpose for long enough, and is now self-perpetuating for those who used it, so we can now afford to be really sorry.”

3 Likes

It feels like it’s been much longer than 12 years.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.