The Water Wiggle has a delightful feature where it can suddenly wrap its hose around your neck

Those have been banned around here for years, but back in the day, a wrapping paper tube & a bottle rocket would make for a fine [and surprisingly accurate] bazooka.
If you wanted to be a bastard about it, set off several at once…

A sprinkler?!
We had to stand under the eaves of the roof & wait for it to rain!
Ob:

Wounds were badges of honor at Show & Tell.

Yeah, it helps the blood clot. Gotta spit on it too, so it’s disinfected properly.

Oh, just wait 'til after the midterms.

You should.
Early skateboards had metal wheels.
When they encountered a grain of sand, the [former] rider would be treated to a free lesson on Newton’s Laws of Motion.

7 Likes

The toy – a ‘Water Wiggle’ – caused the death of Jon Christopher McCabe on March 25, 1978. The boy somehow got the end of the water-spewing toy stuck in his mouth and died as his father tried vainly to pry it out.

Also testifying Tuesday was Joey McCabe, now 10. He told the court how he saw his brother squirming on the ground, the toy pushed down his throat.

‘I went around and turned off the water,’ he said. Then he went inside to get his father, who couldn’t get the toy from his son’s throat.

Craig Cameron, Wham-O’s lawyer, asked Joey about a tussle he had with a neighborhood dog over the toy. During the pulling contest the face of the ‘Water Wiggle’ was pulled off, exposing the lethal hook.

5 Likes

You forgot- if you got a bad cut or laceration you had to suck the blood until your mom put a band-aid on it or you would lose too much and then you could die.

Maybe that was just in my neighborhood.

3 Likes

When I was a wee little one I put a fish hook in my finger, my great aunt got it out and then the first thing she did was stick it her mouth.

Her sister, my grandma, used to also put concentrated Lysol in the bath water so who knows if they knew what they were doing but If you were born in 1900 I guess you learn a few first aid tricks along the way.

2 Likes

There is something beautiful about the innocence displayed by all the employees involved in the TV ad edit. Not one had not an inkling that their job could be on the line.

My deadly Wham-O water toy of choice as kid in the 80s was the Wham-O Fun Fountain! We’d take turns jumping through the water jet and getting clonked in the head by the hard plastic clown hat. Ah, sweet concussion laden childhood memories.

11 Likes

Our home lacked the water pressure to make my Water Wiggle do anything but lie on the ground, jet squirting in the air. What a waste.

4 Likes

Once you realize that quite a lot of today’s adults probably had Water Wiggles wrapped around their throats as children, cutting off the oxygen supply to their brains, a lot of things about our society suddenly start to make sense.

5 Likes

Born in 1971. I had a Water Wiggle and Jarts. Can confirm the fun of being hit in the face by the water wiggle. Being nearly strangled by the Water Wiggle. Jarts made a great “hand grenade” when playing Army with my buddies. Ahh, the '70s.

Can you imagine an Alien themed water wiggle set?

2 Likes

Well, I can, NOW. :smiley:

4 Likes

The Water Wiggle has a delightful feature where it can suddenly wrap its hose around your neck

You won’t believe what happens next

4 Likes
3 Likes

No need to imagine. Look at all those old dudes in Congress wearing ties. They’re still at it!

1 Like

Squeeze harder, Water Wiggle, squeeze harder.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.