The Wendy Williams show with all the talking edited out

120 minutes for a period of time was my only real information source for interesting music. Prior to finding that show I mostly bought music by the album cover. Which worked better than one would expect.

For example when I saw this cover I had never heard the Cocteau Twins but I just knew there must be goodness behind this image.

5 Likes

I often woke up at night and snuck out of bed. I watched a lot of stuff I wasn’t supposed to, over my sleeping stepfather’s shoulder.

5 Likes

I used to record 120 minutes on the VCR then watch at a less middle-of-the-night time.

5 Likes

I think I still have some of my 120 M VHS tapes still. But no VCR.

2 Likes

Yup. So do I. I sometimes wonder if I put the tapes out at the curb, will they vanish as quickly as the VCR did? It was less than 15 minutes for the VCR to disappear in the middle of a heavy rain storm.

2 Likes

Collectors of relics from the ancient times might be super jazzed to get a hold of those. I was speaking with someone in PM and they mentioned how people were a bit bonkers for VHS recordings of just regular broadcast TV. Looking for rare recordings of commercials and so on that are not readily available.

2 Likes

I used to peruse the various Trouser Press music guides. I think I’ve owned three of them and the earliest one or two I would read in the library.

1 Like

Buster Friendly and his Friendly Friends

tenor_(12)%5B1%5D

5 Likes

I would have loved that. I don’t recall ever seeing it before.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.