The 'WKRP in Cincinnati' closing theme lyrics are all gibberish

I’ve been a huge fan of Schiavelli forever, but I was flinching every time this video mentioned him by name. I’m pretty sure Schiavelli pronounced his name the traditional Italian way, where the ‘h’ makes the ‘c’ hard.

3 Likes

Well to be fair the guy who put it together is a big fan, but also a dumb American. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thank you for this.

That was intentional as he discovers more about his non-acting career and later in the video decides to “start over”, now pronouncing it correctly and concentrating more on his love of Italy.

Thanks for linking that! I’m glad to know more about an actor I’ve seen everywhere but couldn’t even tell you his name.

1 Like

I don’t know what you guys are talking about. I can clearly make out the words “Kill for her,” “Death is your redeemer,” etc. It’s a standard pop song about love requiring a blood sacrifice.

Clearly some of you aren’t listening past the end of the video.

3 Likes

Came here to post the same thing. Your link is blocked in the U.S. so I still get to post it!

I’ve seen it many times. If I explained the joke, I would point out that it’s fake English, but that would be boring. So instead, here’s the remake:

1 Like

I had no intention of getting sucked into a 20 minute video. Thanks so much for posting this.

1 Like

That was cool. Thanks

Keep going down the rabbit hole. All his vids are great.

1 Like

She first appeared on the (daytime) Letterman show in 1980.

It was love at first sight for me.

1 Like

I read @KingGhidorah’s comment as being a reaction to anyone thinking that the MTM card was part of the song, when in fact it had been around for a while at that point. But it’s a Monday, I’m probably wrong.

1 Like

Nice night.

1 Like

Well, it’s more intelligible than the Orange One, that’s for sure.

I’d actually posted about this before, but even in that thread, @wrybread was the first to mention it, making that the first mention on BoingBoing, at least since I’ve been coming here. So, big up wrybread, too!
Nov 27, '14 6:30 PM:

4 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

Then, IIRC, Newhart ended with Bob Newhart intoning, “meow.”

4 Likes

No, you are right. I was uncertain as to whether the O.P. was contending the song actually ends with a kitten meowing, or joking that it ends that way since so many theme songs did, because MTM

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.