The 'WKRP in Cincinnati' closing theme lyrics are all gibberish

I don’t know what you guys are talking about. I can clearly make out the words “Kill for her,” “Death is your redeemer,” etc. It’s a standard pop song about love requiring a blood sacrifice.

Clearly some of you aren’t listening past the end of the video.

3 Likes

Came here to post the same thing. Your link is blocked in the U.S. so I still get to post it!

I’ve seen it many times. If I explained the joke, I would point out that it’s fake English, but that would be boring. So instead, here’s the remake:

1 Like

I had no intention of getting sucked into a 20 minute video. Thanks so much for posting this.

1 Like

That was cool. Thanks

Keep going down the rabbit hole. All his vids are great.

1 Like

She first appeared on the (daytime) Letterman show in 1980.

It was love at first sight for me.

1 Like

I read @KingGhidorah’s comment as being a reaction to anyone thinking that the MTM card was part of the song, when in fact it had been around for a while at that point. But it’s a Monday, I’m probably wrong.

1 Like

Nice night.

1 Like

Well, it’s more intelligible than the Orange One, that’s for sure.

I’d actually posted about this before, but even in that thread, @wrybread was the first to mention it, making that the first mention on BoingBoing, at least since I’ve been coming here. So, big up wrybread, too!
Nov 27, '14 6:30 PM:

4 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

Then, IIRC, Newhart ended with Bob Newhart intoning, “meow.”

4 Likes

No, you are right. I was uncertain as to whether the O.P. was contending the song actually ends with a kitten meowing, or joking that it ends that way since so many theme songs did, because MTM

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.