The world's largest rabbit has been kidnapped

Originally published at: The world's largest rabbit has been kidnapped | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Well I hope they find his name he went missing from soon…

3 Likes

@thomdunn Re-boing?

2 Likes

A bald man in a green sweater and red tie seen associating with a clever dog wanted for questioning:

15 Likes

At least we know he wasn’t poached to make Welsh Rabbit, cuz that dish in fact contains no rabbit at all.

Joking aside, I do hope he’ll be returned swiftly and reunited with his person

4 Likes

Bunny story…

2 Likes

Anyone remember about 15 years ago when North Korea imported a dozen giant rabbits, assumedly to multiply and feed their people?

Not going so well:

2 Likes

Perhaps they should have gone with pigs…

1 Like

A hare-brained scheme?

4 Likes

Perhaps they should have gone with Guinea Pigs. Prolofic little breeders and some varieties grow quite large.
Australia was afflicted by a rabbit plague, when they were an introduced species by some early settlers, until an amped up virus was more recently released which finally despatched them. But as a youngster we used to eat a lot of “underground mutton”. I was quite partial to battered panned fried rabbit thighs. Num num.

1 Like

Noone’s brought up Night of the Lepus?

(playing on the TV)

EDIT: Night of the Lepus.

… Cracking CHEESE Grommet… @MattAttac

But if you are going to poach a rabbit perhaps red wine and shallots would be a good start :grinning:

1 Like

And they are also tasty when roasted. We ate grilled roasted cuy when I was in the Andes. They take a lot of effort, though—not a great deal of meat.

ETA: missing word

1 Like

If your regime can fuck up breeding rabbits, well, I don’t know what to tell you…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.