The worst possible version of the EU Copyright Directive has sparked a German uprising

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/18/niemehrcdu.html

2 Likes

Voting day for the MEPs for Germany will be 2019-05-261), that should provide some leverage.

" […] Germany’s top TV personalities, like Jan Böhmermann."
That is a bit of a stretch… Still, publicity is needed, and every little bit helps.

1) I’ll be in charge of a polling station. Try it, it’s fun. Volunteer!

5 Likes

I watched the video and I got really furious. This person is ruining the web and has no idea, NO IDEA AT ALL how it works.

4 Likes

Well, whaddaya know, Angie was right - this is ‘Neuland’.

Plus our tradition of sending all the guys they wanted to get rid of in the Bundestag/Bundesrat/Landtag to Brussels/Strassbourg. You’re probably old enough to remember Bangemann, right?

2 Likes

The reform of copyright law in this form does not benefit anyone, let alone consumers.

Rhetorical point: if you make something worse, it is not “reform.” Do not let your opponents call it that. Reform makes things better. Remember Republican “tax reform?” How was your refund this year?

3 Likes

I prefer the term Verschlimmbesserung.

2 Likes

You only need to look at Axel Voss himself, or the worst ass Germany ever sent to the Commission, Günther Oettinger.

4 Likes

“Wir können alles, außer Hochdeutsch.”

1 Like

Oh Gott, Oettinger… A man as awfull as the beer he shares the name with.
I almost supressed the existence of this national embarrasment of a politician. I he still in the commission or retired by now?

2 Likes

Still at it:

1 Like

Well then. Good for him.

Talk about failing up…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.