Theranos' Elizabeth Holmes hands over creepy to-do list better suited for a robot

Originally published at: Theranos' Elizabeth Holmes hands over creepy to-do list better suited for a robot | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“My hands are always in my pockets or gesturing.”

From the Alanis Morrissette school of management.

42 Likes

This is bog standard millennial era boss-life coaching.

26 Likes

I’ve heard in the military you’re just supposed to dangle your arms like noodles, no pockets allowed

13 Likes
  • “I call bullshit immediately.”

Yeah, grifter, I’m just gonna call out a little BS of my own on that statement.

Also, do you think she and fellow socio-bot Zuck sometimes compare notes on how to optimise their OS’s?

20 Likes

Those are impressive notes if taken by her free feet.

6 Likes

Find Will Robinson

:flushed:

3 Likes

I don’t know that I’d call her faux-deep thousand-yard stare method of speaking CLEAR and CONCISE so much as WEIRD and CREEPY, but we all have to get through the day somehow.

14 Likes

I wonder if her 10 minutes of daily prayer went something like this:
“Please god let me get away with this fraud until I can buy my way to a country with no extradition treaties with the US…please Lord in Havana…”

10 Likes

She lives life with this precision and yet cannot spell broccoli, tabouleh, or banana? Her handwriting also looks like a drunken GP’s.

Also ‘SHOW NO EMOTION EVER’ is probably not the leadership superpower she believes it to be.

16 Likes

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

You’re doing it wrong.

11 Likes

That very unrealistic morning routine list is eerily similar to bro Mark Wahlberg’s. Even if it didn’t happen, just reading it, you suspect that something is way off.

6 Likes
  • 6:45 – drive to
  • I do everything I say – word for word.

The list ends at 6:45 when she spent the rest of the day driving aimlessly.

22 Likes

Eat, Pray, Con

20 Likes

I had bosses like this, they had to schedule a poop or they wouldn’t poop for a day or two.

14 Likes

It reads very much like a person desperate to be what they write. It’s aspirational rather than descriptive. Like an adolescent’s Mary Sue fan fiction but turned into a CEO’s description of what they think an admirable leader looks like.

34 Likes

Can confirm.

1 Like

This is literally the kind of things you hear on the top fifty business podcasts or “how to be an awesome techbro” newsletter/blogsite/podcast/tedX talk .

This isn’t creepy at all, I’d wager if you pop open 100 CEOs dayplanners, bullet journals, “CLEAR” journals, or GTD files you’d see these type of things.

2 Likes

No, it’s creepy all right. The fact that lots of people do this doesn’t make it less creepy.

Quite the reverse.

34 Likes

First day Basic Training, first words I hear from my first DI : “Hands outa yur pockets Numbnuts!”