Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes accused of fraud by SEC, pays it off

Or didn’t exist at all.

26e9di

8 Likes

I assume it hands criminal persecutions over to federal prosecutors, since some white collar criminals do wind up in jail Club Fed.

1 Like

Ha, that’s gold! Thanks!

“The company is pleased to be bringing this matter to a close and looks forward to advancing its technology,”

1 Like

Nominated for government position in 3…2…1

5 Likes

Like OJ Simpson who got away with murder because he was white too…

She had to forfeit 18.9 million shares back to the company in order to lose controlling interest, and has no preferred shares. She won’t make a penny on Theranos stock, unless the company sells in excess of $750 million, and it’s not going to. Forbes is right. She’s worth nothing.

A bit more detailed:

Also, as already mentioned above, the SEC is done, but this is far from being over.

Off topic, but are we being robo-trolled?

Classic case of stupidity, again in the business world. At least Steve Jobs saw the practicality of the computer innovation, and understood it from practical design, thereby selling that application of the practical design and function of it.
I see this over and over again in the science community. Leave it to some non-science educated self-pretentious idiot to think they can understand life science by just telling a story rather than realizing how it works. - Yes, I am science educated and work in healthcare for the last 16 years.

1 Like

“Spins and gaslighting does not make facts true.”

Saw this:

If true, it could explain a lot of these people.

4 Likes

Two words: greedy assholes.

3 Likes

And yet if one of us were to steal millions of dollars and cause untold harm to people for the fraudulent operation being run, how likely do you think we’d spend 0 days in jail?

2 Likes

Why does this company still exist? Are they just running out the clock to get salaries before the inevitable liquidation? Are investors thinking that they’ll find a greater fool to sell their stock to? Is there some sort of asset stripping going on? Or are their some true believers laboring under the illusion that they will rise again?

3 Likes

Part of my job is doing due diligence for tech investors. I can confirm that some VCs do feel this way.

“The company said it could run dozens of diagnostic tests using a single drop of blood, an advance that could have upended a medical diagnostics market worth billions of dollars.”

And you all really think this was about fraud?

You could be writing the same thing about Sears! (Or, until this week, Toys R Us.)

Since the technology never worked as they claimed it did, yes. You may be interested in my new product, a one-size-fits-all tinfoil hat that protects against dozens of shadowy plots.

5 Likes