'There are more important things than living' —TX Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick on COVID-19 deaths

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick: There are more important things than living.
The Rest of Texas: Get a rope.

24 Likes

What he meant was “there are more important things than YOU living”.

19 Likes

“women are chattel”

2 Likes

Sigh. This second wave is going to be awesome… Do we get to put “We told you so.” and these peoples’ grave markers?

9 Likes

By all means, Dan Patrick. Be risky.

Perhaps, although it seems like the ones mingling without masks are predominantly GOP mouth breathers.

8 Likes

" *Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness– for others "

There you go, Mr. Jefferson. Fixed it for you.

5 Likes

Sure, but probably people with money and resources and access to health care, and I doubt we can say that about everyone they might come into contact with, especially the working class folks working in grocery stores serving these selfish assholes. It’s less about them being sick and more about how they are helping to spread the disease.

10 Likes

And then they fucked the rest of us.

9 Likes

That’s their fetish, watching infidels/the poors suffer…

10 Likes

The hardest part of public health is that when you do your job well people think you over reacted.
I just cant even comprehend the nonsense these people are spewing. They want to see more people die before they do something?

17 Likes

Nailed it. These bastards are more than willing for others to do the hard work and do not give a damn that their words and actions are causing more strife, confusion, sickness, and suffering.

10 Likes
14 Likes

STFU

Lt Gov? What is that? Like an assistant manager at Denny’s?

13 Likes

The LT Gov in Texas has more power than the Gov.

5 Likes

Well, he’s a monster. He should start by sacrificing his own life.

5 Likes

There are no words in the English language more damning of this atrocious human being than his own words.

I can’t believe the actual words these people are willing to say anymore. This is basically saying point blank human life no longer matters to him.

The GOP are basically advocating passive murder at this point openly.

Hey MAGA assholes- this guys on your side, and he doesnt care if you all die. That’s exactly what he’s saying here.

27 Likes

Best analogy I have read went
“The parachute has successfully slowed our rate of descent to a survivable level. So obviously it is time to take it off.”

37 Likes

Same here:

16 Likes

Except in their minds it’s never them. It’s always the people they hate.

24 Likes

Until it finally isn’t, and by that point it’s far too late…

19 Likes