'There are more important things than living' —TX Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick on COVID-19 deaths

Right, but even then does it open their eyes? Or do they decide whoever it is – assuming it’s not actually them – must have deserved it somehow?

8 Likes

I honestly don’t know…

8 Likes

but man we’ve got to take some risks.

Says the guys skyping from their isolation rooms.

Every clip I see from Fox (those that I can’t avoid) show everyone broadcasting from home or some other isolated location. Why is no one joining the protesters on the street? :thinking:

16 Likes

20 Likes

It means weaponizing religion for political purposes.

14 Likes

"You will eat, bye and bye
In that glorious land above the sky
Work and pray, live on hay
You’ll get pie in the sky when you die."
– Joe Hill 1911

11 Likes

Indeed; that is all we ever have to say to the god of death.

12 Likes

gallery-1467985352-angry-computer-gif

11 Likes

7 Likes

repeated this in the Kim Jong Un thread, but if Texas democrats don’t turn this into a campaign ad by tomorrow morning and run it on all local texas stations, then they don’t deserve to win in November.

(won’t sway republicans but might encourage dems and independents to get out and vote)

13 Likes

You’ve changed, Dan Patrick!

2 Likes

11 Likes

I misread that as “understatement of the Millenial” which immediately made me think of all the “I want to/don’t care if I die” millenial memes.

4 Likes

“Navigare necesse est, vivere non est necesse” (to sail is necessary; to live is not necessary)

Supposedly said by Pompey, who, during a severe storm, commanded sailors to bring food from Africa to Rome.

3 Likes

When he volunteers to tend to the dead in downtown New York City I will have an interest in what he has to say. Until then he can go fuck himself.

9 Likes

No, no, no. You misunderstand. What he meant was, there are more important things to him than you dying.

10 Likes

Came for this meme – left happy.

1 Like

The people mingling at “protests” on the news. The people without access to PPE who work at grocery stores, and with gig economy jobs, etc… are the ones who are going to get hit hard by this.

6 Likes

No, when it’s finally their turn, they’ll mind contort to find a way to blame Obama (or Hillary…), and go to their graves suckling tiny orange mushroom.

6 Likes

He’s also this guy:

He seems like he’s getting up there in years, maybe it’s time for folks to ask him to take his own advice (or at least just vote the son of a bitch out of office).

6 Likes