There could be as many as 7000 tigers living in American backyards

Not to mention the bungalow bill.

1 Like

The actual story is even funnier. Yates didn’t just have Ming the tiger, he also had an alligator named Al in another room. And all this in public housing.

The authorities discovered the tiger because it mauled him after it tried eat his cat and he needed to go to the hospital.

10 Likes

Truth, stranger than fiction every time.

2 Likes

It may not be on the scale of guns, but the non-tiger owning population is still threatened by the tiger owning population. Sometimes the inside tigers become outside tigers and it becomes everyone’s problem. https://abcnews.go.com/US/zanesville-animal-massacre-included-18-rare-bengal-tigers/story?id=14767017

1 Like

Well, if we assume there are no tigers in any zoos, then… uhm… er… yeah…

1 Like

Tigers? Everyone knows that the perfect road buddy for truckers are orangutans.

10 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah, but they need those tigers to keep their pet alligators from getting too belligerent.

1 Like

Somebody watched a Joe Rogan stand up special.

Also there is a big cat rescue near me, but I haven’t visited.

2 Likes

OMG I watched a television show about that guy, the one who had the tiger in a tiny apartment in NYC. It’s actually really interesting. It’s not that I endorse the idea, but rather it’s kind of fascinating.He never left his home basically, and his whole life was only about the tiger.

This guy right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXXdf0SBEZE

3 Likes

TC Boyle was thinking the same thing:

(spoilers in the plot summary; it is a good book to read during these full throttle climate weirding days)

1 Like

A classic depiction of why keeping a lot of large cats on your property can be a bad thing
The film Roar!

“No animals were harmed in the making of this film. 70 cast and crew members were.”
4 Likes

Then there was the Disney movie.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, considering that we only have seven years left then.

1 Like

snl-stefon-laughs

5 Likes

But who will staff our libraries if they are all out on the road?

1 Like

Hey, I just thought of a good use for ICE!

Why? Hardcore Calvin & Hobbes LARPing?

3 Likes

[…]
Feline fury of the jungle
Stripey death from Bangladesh
Marnie’s going to get in trouble
She’s going to end up in a mess

[…]

I want to say ‘a fair amount’, but I am likely quite wrong.