There is a term for anger provoked by difficult-to-open packaging: Wrap Rage

Pilferage.
All those methods are easy to defeat by shoplifters.
In addition, they don’t hold up near as well during shipping, and are easy to display in the store.

You can buy special tools for opening clamshell packaging. Bet you can’t guess how they’re packaged.

4 Likes

It’s Ellen DeGeneres talking about something most people no longer buy, but still…

“The worst thing is trying to get into a brand new CD. Am I right? What has happened to the packaging of CDs. These are angry angry people, these CD packagers. ‘Open here’ – is that sarcasm? Are they mocking me? ‘Open here’. And it’s sealed with plastic I’ve never seen this… thick thick government plastic, I think it’s government… I’ve never seen it that thick before. Civilians can’t buy it. And it’s like… are they trying to keep it fresh? Why is it sealed in plastic?”

One of my roommates a while used to come home frequently with one of these stashed in her pockets and somehow forget to take them back with her. We ended up with almost a half-dozen of the things…

I keep one near the table where the mail lands specifically for opening packages, and have a few others stashed in strategic places around the house. I also have pairs of scissors stashed around the house for the same reason.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.