There's a car horn that roars like Godzilla

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/09/theres-a-car-horn-that-roars.html

5 Likes

Oh, yes. Also would like a sound system with the Mothra song but that might be overkill, idk.

4 Likes

If it comes with a Godzilla-breath death ray that I can use to torch the knobby tires and Don’t-Tread-On-Me flag off that coal-rolling Silverado down the street, then I’m in.

8 Likes

Street legal in all states except for Ala., Fla., and Guam.

5 Likes

You’d think that Florida would have led the charge on death ray street legality, but no — Hawaii was the first to de-criminalize, followed by Alaska.

We don’t allow concealed installation of death rays here in Massachusetts, but as long as they’re openly mounted on the hood or roof in a way that doesn’t impede sight lines, and as long as they’re quieter than 112 db, you’re good to go.

I’m making a list. That Silverado has the top spot; after that, in the parking lot there’s a Suzuki Sidekick with a “Try Prayer - WWDJ 1150 AM” bumper sticker that needs toasting.

7 Likes

Uh, nope… product fail, indistinguishable audio signal.

2 Likes
6 Likes

I so badly want to install a ship’s horn in my car…

2 Likes

As long as it doesn’t have the King Ghidorah call. You don’t want those following you around while driving

3 Likes

Hey, @jlw, while the van is in the shop, why not make an addition?

2 Likes

Fucking thing is vibrating apart already.

2 Likes

I had this on my house.

3 Likes

I’ll take the ‘war rig’ version, myself. Or maybe the train horn.

2 Likes

It’s really unfortunate. Did they sample with a mic in front of a television speaker?

2 Likes

I kinda did at some point

2 Likes

Go go Godzilla!

5 Likes

Isn’t this stock on the R35 Nissan GTR?

(nicknamed Godzilla)

2 Likes

The train horn one provokes my reach-for-a-brick reflex.

1 Like

If they make 6V version I can run off the dynamo hub on my bike, I’m in.

1 Like

That’s a beast.

2 Likes