There's a Naked Gun reboot in the works

I never liked the Naked Gun movies quite as much as the original TV show (also with Nielsen), Police Squad! a bunch of which is on YouTube.

5 Likes

And to be perfectly honest even Nielsen couldn’t always carry a movie on his own if the writing wasn’t as good. The movies Spy Hard and Wrongfully Accused were basically the same comedic formula as Police Squad / Naked Gun but didn’t do nearly as well critically or financially. Sometimes it’s just hard to repeatedly capture lightning in a bottle.

1 Like

Come on people, I set it up! Let’s try again:

A Naked Gun reboot with Liam Neeson?!
Surely you can’t be serious!

6 Likes

They’re not and stop calling me Shirley.

What can you make of that?

6 Likes

That? I can make a hat, or a broach, or a pterodactyl…

10 Likes

…and there’s a sale at Penny’s!

2 Likes

Just for reminiscing…

3 Likes

I enjoyed the Naked Gun movies a lot, but as others have said without Nielsen, Kennedy, etc I can’t see this working from the description.

Then again, I wasn’t sure about Confess Fletch either and that turned out fine.

1 Like

The original show and TV series were spoofs of 50’s to 70’s crime shows. I wonder if the new one will be? It doesn’t seem like the sort of thing younger viewers will have any context for. Unless they update it make fun of newer examples of the genre, but that doesn’t sound good either.

1 Like

True, but the thing is that Leslie Nielsen was known only as a serious actor until he retired from that and decided to try comedy. So this could be a whole new world of acting fame for Liam Neeson too… maybe.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.