There's a new Star Wars project from Damon Lindelof in the works

OMG it was so clearly space Florida… the planet is called “Niamos”… someone has already created “Niamos Vice”.

2 Likes

I will be deeply disappointed if one of the background droids on that Florida planet isn’t actually named “ED-M.”

1 Like

Like Scarif was Space Bikini Atoll… paradisaical locale doomed to get nuked by idiots.

OH man, give it time!

That song is fantastic. I wish it was a bit more fleshed out. The bass line and strut beat is fantastic.

I’m puzzled by how they could botch the films SO badly yet give us The Mandalorian, which was the best Star Wars anything I’ve seen since The Empire Strikes Back. Scary Darth Vader scene aside, I don’t even see why people liked Rogue One so much (I wouldn’t say it was bad, but merely okay), and the trilogy was just a haphazard, aimless cash grab held together with duct tape and riddled with plot holes- less cringy and more entertaining than the prequels, but still an unforgivable waste of potential considering the resources they had to work with. Star Wars deserved better than “eh, we’ll make it up as we go.”

Have you watched Andor yet? 'Cuz in my book, it’s the best Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back, and certainly the best Star Wars on television. It’s simply fantastic, and I say this as someone who has mostly grown weary of Star Wars. (I enjoyed the Mandolorian, but Andor is on another level entirely, storywise.)

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it yet, but you’re not the first person I’ve heard good things from, and I’m happy to hear that Star Wars television is continuing to give us the depth and quality that the films lacked. I’d actually love to watch it during the many hours I have to spend attending to my Alzheimer’s-afflicted father, but our Roku box has some kind of glitch that causes a slight delay between the sound and image and it makes watching anything I’m actually invested in kind of maddening.

1 Like

When you start it, be aware that it’s a slow burn, with the first three or so episodes laying the foundations. It really starts paying off after that point!

Yeah, unquestionably the slowest slow-burnyest start of any Star Wars shows or films, but ultimately worth it IMHO. I know some people who don’t have that kind of patience though.

Also, thanks in part to that format, it’s got way more nuance to the characters. Be prepared to see a lot of brooding over a bowl of breakfast cereal with a nagging, overbearing mother in the background.

Come to think of it, even though the original trilogy focused on the adventures of the highly dysfunctional Skywalker family, I don’t think anything before this show spent nearly this much time showing the unhappy family lives of so many characters.

1 Like

Insert Star Wars music: I’ll get a job tomorrow, Mom. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This article gets at most of the reasons why I love it (minor spoilers): Why 'Andor' Is One of the Best Shows of 2022 - CNET

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.