There's nothing like relaxing at home with your dog

I’m not all that upset or uptight, merely making a point that a lot of unwanted behavior by pets is usually overlooked by owners. As you can see above a vet with behavior training backs up my thoughts on it (not that i claimed to be an expert). If you want to be dismissive about my thoughts on the video about the chihuaha biting that’s up to you, i don’t care.

There are only 2 possible dichotomous outcomes?

Well, you are acting like a Church Lady, but I am leaving open the possibility that it was just for show. A sort of alt.religion.kibology trolling, because few happy mutants are as obtuse as you seem to be.

1 Like

Jack russels are the shit, bro: mine is a jack scottie, and is both highly energetic and almost crazy patient.
Also has black colouring where a normal jack russel would have white.

1 Like

This is why I like hunting breeds over these food grade dogs. Give me a lazy hound any day. A basset will do.

2 Likes

Exactly. I just don’t care enough about any offense one might take when I, by default, assume that your dog intends to attack. The dismissive justifications given make me even less inclined to trust the owner’s judgement.

1 Like

I beg your pardon?

3 Likes

3 Likes

9 Likes

Puppy butt!

3 Likes

That urban spoiled puppers up there found a rabbit warren at the cottage… doxies are bred for rabbit/badger hunting, lets just say it wasn’t a good day to be a bunny. He was some proud!

2 Likes

By and large, hounds are independent problem solvers and a rabbit warren is a problem. That basset up there (as much of a chicken as he is) found a rabbit warren at the gas station on his first car ride home. I feel like the little guy would have disappeared down that hole forever if he wasn’t on a leash at the time. He was absolutely determined to go after it.
He was so tiny.

3 Likes

I should be more truthful, he found a nest in a lawn (like this: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/watch-for-baby-rabbits-1.4157084 ) rather than a proper warren. Still, it was doomsday for the bunnies.

3 Likes

Poor bunnies. Not your dog’s fault though, stuff like this happens and some breeds have a very strong instinct for particular things.

3 Likes

It’s our fault really. We made them that way after all.

1 Like

Naturally, which is why i would hesitate to say that the dog did anything wrong. It was just introduced into a situation where the outcome was inevitable, or at least unsurprising.

2 Likes

Now for properly lazy, what you want is a livestock guardian breed. They spend most of their time conserving their energy in case a wolf shows up. I mean, you wouldn’t want to be already tired when the wolf shows up!

4 Likes

He was so proud!
Brought the last one right to me and placed it right in my hands.
Did not understand why all the cottage-goers were horrified. LOL

Not a lot of urban dogs get to fulfil their genetic destinies!

3 Likes

The version of that kind of event that happens the most is people with chickens will invariably lose a few or all of them to a pet dog that gets into the pen.

1 Like

I have some experience with rural chicken coop owners. If they don’t kill the dog (which is common), they often do something most people would be horrified by. They take the chicken the dog kills and tie it around their neck. After that, you usually can’t make the dog go anywhere near a chicken.

1 Like