These are the bullets that killed JFK

Good point, but it presupposes that Oswald went about this in a rational and logical manner. He doesn’t strike me as someone who was that good at really thinking things through. So Kennedy’s visit might just have prompted him to act. Not really completely spontaneous because he was acting on something that had been occupying his thoughts for quite a while, but not as a result of meticulous planning either.

Anyway - apart from Red Dwarf’s take on the subject my favourite crackpot theory is that NASA was behind the JKF assasination.

2 Likes

Zapruder shared a college dorm with Kubrick so it makes sense.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Intriguing, thanks. Gotta try to find a copy.

1 Like

My point is that this is a much more plausible scenario than the Cubans orchestrating a hit or the mob… or the CIA, or any of the other ridiculous conspiracy theories that can’t be borne out by the evidence we do have… we have actual evidence that he had a grudge against the governor, which was turned over to the people doing the investigation, including the Warren commission. Of course, we can’t read Oswald’s mind or ask him, as he’s dead.

3 Likes

I agree that most conspiracy theories regarding JFK are largely speculative and needlessly complex.

I’m personally leaning toward “Lee Harvey Oswald was a disturbed man who decided to shoot the President and would have also been happy to take out anyone else riding in the car with him.”

1 Like

Everyone needs a hobby?

Maybe it was both? Primary and secondary targets?

Again, because of all of the variables, and the fact they were very close to each other, it would be hard to discern the difference between an accurate shot, and a “lucky” mistake.

Vintage military rifles, even the “sniper” variety were not nearly as accurate as modern rifles. A “sniper” rifle would have 2-3 MOA accuracy back then. If you got a rifle like that today you would send it back. According to this wiki article, they tested the accuracy of the rifle and grouped about 3-5 inches at 100 yards (3-5 MOA). Combine that with movement of the car and adrenaline, aiming for one person and hitting another is very believable.

JFK conspiracy theorists are equal parts annoying and amusing. Not as amusing as Flerfers, since there’s a murder involved, but still. I find it particularly interesting which part of the conspiracy they hang their individual tinfoil hats on.

I’m not sure these need to be preserved. It’s not like they tell us a tale beyond that learned by the forensic scientists who studied them as evidence. They struck Kennedy and he died. Now they’re glorified toxic waste.

While I really enjoy history, I’m not much for “this is the actual weapon used by X to murder someone.” I’m done giving a shit about murderers, and I’m mad that society remains fascinated with them. I don’t care about X’s name, any of X’s reasons or motives, X’s cars or fashions, or anything about X.

Murderers need to be kept out of the news; once convicted they need to stay in prison until the end of their natural life, then be cremated and anonymously spread over a potter’s field. They need to be forgotten; never given recognition in history books; and never, ever celebrated.

1 Like

The bullets that killed JFK are still in my skull, so…whatever.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.