These charming night owls have a porch party when they think no one is watching

Yeah we just had an AirBnB thread where everyone was against spy cams! O the hypocrisy! /s

3 Likes

Looks like that Jonny Wurster kid lost his burrow owl again!

6 Likes

They should’ve brought the goats along, so they could have a hoot 'n nanny.

13 Likes

Putting the food in front of the camera probably helps get Chunk in front of it, but he does seem extremely aware of it as well…

4 Likes

I may have finally found my spirit animal.

7 Likes

The gardener has stated in an interview that squirrels and raccoons would steal stuff and scurry away but Chunk would go to the camera. Soon his pest problem became a pet of sorts and then he began leaving him food (in front of the camera) in an attempt to divert attention from the garden.

But yeah, bait or not, chunk does seem aware of the camera. Of course there could be hours of video where chunk never looks at the camera?

6 Likes

Who is the owl on the left.

4 Likes

No, Too-Whit is the owl on the left. Who’s the owl on the right.

8 Likes

Last night in the woods between our house and the highway there were two owls making such a variety of owl noises that it sounded more like two people trying to make a variety of owl noises. We don’t often hear owls here, so to hear a pair working through their entire setlist was rather strange.

7 Likes

“Dad, get me a burrow owl. I’ll never ask for anything else as long as I live.”

7 Likes

Possibly, probably, even - but the fact that he seems to spend periods of time looking directly at the camera at all shows an awareness of it as something worth keeping an eye on.

3 Likes

Twit!

1 Like
2 Likes

I was born in West Texas, & when I was a kid, we would go see some of the Prairie Dog towns scattered around the region. You would always see some of these guys hanging around.
This was decades ago, & I would be surprised if any of 'em are left.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.