These guys tested which construction adhesives work best

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/21/these-guys-tested-which-construction-adhesives-work-best.html

4 Likes

But what if Gorilla Glue was 169.3 psi…?

2 Likes

That would be approaching movie theatre floor level adhesion!

6 Likes

Unless they glue a hard hat to a steel girder, I’m not believing anything.

4 Likes
4 Likes

With Anthony Michael Hall. Classic!

3 Likes

Safety tip for those planning their own tests at home: When testing suspended dead loads, wear your steel toed boots, kids.

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Youtube embeds cutoff

I learned long ago how difficult and nearly impossible it is to get Liquid Nail off the skin after it dries. It took me hours with a pumice stone.

3 Likes

Among the pantheon of product demos with Dawn dish soap drop in the greasy pan and the memory foam bowling ball/egg! I should make a list!

1 Like

The testing seemed rather unsafe, yes.

It was the flesh that came off. The Liquid Nails was just attached to it. :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll second this. Used this in the construction of the last lizard habitat I built. Then used it to re-stick a brick that had come loose from a wall, then in playhouse construction…

If you need something stuck, and it’s a weird shape, weird materials, or needs some gap filling, construction adhesive is wonderful stuff.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.