Protestor attempted to glue herself to floor during NBA game

Originally published at: Protestor attempted to glue herself to floor during NBA game | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I can’t say I’m entirely clear on how this protest was supposed to win more people to her cause.

10 Likes

It seems targeted, as it’s aimed at the owner of the Timberwolves… I’m sure that most people aren’t aware that the guy has a farm that raises chickens. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

This wins the not-thought-through award for the day.
Glue takes time to dry.
If you’re lucky, it won’t dry.
If it does dry, you may get to keep a souvenir portion of the floorboards stuck to your hand as the floor is sawed out to free you.
And, your point is… ?

2 Likes

Well, at least we know she didn’t use hide glue.

1 Like

It worked to an extent. I had no idea that an NBA owner had a chicken farm where allegedly harmful practices were taking place. She still ends up looking like a bit of a nut though.

6 Likes

Are they talking about Glen Taylor? He owns a large amount of agricultural companies, like pig farms in Minnesota. No idea what goes on there. But he also owns Taylor Communications which is a big conglomerate that does mainly printing.

He has been looking to sell his stake in the Timberwolves since last year to reinvest into the company.

Disclosure: I work for Taylor.

If she had handcuffed herself to the goal, it would have taken them longer to get her out of the arena. Though technically they could have played around her then.

(Armchair protesting)

4 Likes

CA glue + activator would have done the job, but good luck getting a spray can of activator into a stadium.

2 Likes

She was trying to draw a fowl.

13 Likes

I’m 100% for non-cruelty to animals. I’m also 100% against pointless, stupid protests that hurt the cause rather than help it.

5 Likes

She tried, but couldn’t find it.

6 Likes

Crazy glue (cyanoacrylate) bonds skin instantly, no accelerator needed. It bonds with water, so your sweat and inherent skin moisture is enough to get it to set without noticeable delay. If she used it, she probably used too much.

1 Like

That’s what her shirt said… or who it said, I guess.

True.

They wouldn’t have done that, because it would have been a liability.

3 Likes

Are you sure someone wasn’t egging her on beforehand? Or was that afterwards? I wonder which came first?

6 Likes

We’re going to need an update to the (excellent and useful website) https://www.thistothat.com/. I want to glue (skin) to (wood floor) quickly.

4 Likes

Most exciting thing to happen at an NBA game in some time.

5 Likes

are we sure this isn’t a guerrilla glue publicity stunt? probably not …but I for one would be willing to don an ape suit and stick my self in various public places for $20 an hour. if there is anyone here with corporate connections to guerilla glue please give me a mention I have own gorilla costume ( it’s pink though). I really want to ad self-adhesive personnel at GG to my resume. thanks

1 Like

More for adhesion to the floor than skin. There are a variety of coatings used on those floors and CA doesn’t always adhere well to epoxy.

3 Likes

I’ll do it for $19.99 an hour!

4 Likes