These Mac 'n' Cheese Candy Canes are selling out fast

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/10/these-mac-n-cheese-candy-c.html

4 Likes

Stay weird Archie McPhee…

7 Likes

You know, though Archie McPhee does continue to offer many wonderful things, I really miss the OLD Archie McPhee - before they manufactured their own stuff, when they would get weird lots of surplus from wherever and figure out wacky new ways to repurpose them or just sell them straight-up with great marketing blurbs. Old artillery optics, Soviet submarine clocks - heck, the Punching Nun puppet they now make themselves was originally an overstock of Maggie Thatcher heads they stuck onto boxing-puppet bodies with a wimple, if I recall correctly.

4 Likes

I still have my 60’s protest buttons… :slight_smile:
They do have a lot of the surplus/overstock stuff at the store just not in the catalog.

4 Likes

Nice to hear; I haven’t been to the store since shortly after they moved from their funky old original location.

1 Like

My favorite Archie McPhee purchase… around 3 decades ago.

IMG_3275

4 Likes

Are we all just going to ignore the fact that David Wahl has the best corporate title in the history of corporate titles? Director of Awesome is going to look great on any resume.

5 Likes

Sounds like Ax-Man in the Twin Cities. Worth a visit if you’re in the area and you like that sort of thing :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks, we will!

3 Likes

Employee of Archie McPhee here.

Love to have you visit us in Wallingford! It’s the perfect time to do it, we’re decorated for Halloween with a giant Franken-Bibo on the front counter.

4 Likes

That momma rat is so happy! I still have mine as well.

3 Likes

To be honest, they let me pick my own title. Shana, the other director, is The High Priestess of Rubber Chickens.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.