These Millennium Falcon ice cubes will melt your Star Wars fanboy heart

We recently acquired two death star molds. Unfortunately, one of the top pieces appears to be out-of-spec, and leaks unless you get the pieces together just so. Our older Vader heads are easier to deal with, being upside-down cups, more or less.

2 Likes

Just the place for a proton torpedo!

1 Like

Right (assuming it’s OK to mix universes like this)? Except the exhaust port is where you put the water in. ::sadtrombone::

These have become the favorite ice in our house. One Han Solo is the perfect size for a Manhattan, and the dog loves to crunch on them. And there’s endless comedy in watching her carry Han Solo in carbonite around the house.

2 Likes

Like this?

Why was it necessary to gender the headline?

“Fanboy” is pretty much considered gender-neutral as an expression of a fan of things. It’s been used for movie titles, for example. Is there a better gender-neutral term or is fanboy/fangirl the accepted terminology?

“Fanboy” is about as gender-neutral as “congressman.”

As long as “fan” exists, why bother gendering it for a gift guide at all?

Because “fanboy” is generally used for fans in general.
You came back after two years to complain about a ‘gendered’ headline?

“Fan” and “fanboy” have somewhat different connotations and I’m not sure if there’s a gender-neutral equivalent for “fanboy” that’s worked its way into our popular lexicon yet.

40 PM

(Example)

Fan, upon meeting George Takei: It’s an honor to meet you sir!

Fanboy, upon meeting George Takei: OHMYGOD IT’S REALLY YOU please you have to answer an argument I’ve been having with this douchebag in the TOS forum I moderate about how Sulu was promoted from being a helmsman on the Enterprise A to getting his own command of the Excelsior between the events of The Final Frontier and The Undiscovered Country, he said that that’s a totally unrealistic career arc but I disagreed and even outlined my own fanfic scenario in this screenplay I wrote do you think you could show it to Paramount for me?

1 Like

“Fangirl” exists and is widely used.

It’s bizarre to me that, on this website of all places, people would double down on an unnecessarily gendered headline. I think this is probably where I first learned about women’s enthusiastic participation in (and organization of) early Star Wars fandom.

And that’s why I specifically asked you if you would prefer the headline to say “fanboy/fangirl” or if a genderless word is preferred, and what it should be. Duly noted.

“Fan” is not gendered and would, in my opinion, be the obvious choice.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.