These pre-destroyed sneakers are only $1425/pair

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/16/these-pre-destroyed-sneakers-a.html

1 Like

I can kind of see some skill in the staple placement to keep them from falling apart completely, though that doesn’t make it any less stupid…

I mean, they’re at least artfully destroyed.

Compared to my destroyed shoes, they don’t look like they’ve ever been tromped through sand dunes, river bottoms, scorching pavement or anything.

2 Likes

Conspicuous consumption should always be mocked as distasteful

2 Likes

Absolutely zero hindrance in design/marketing departments everywhere.

:smiling_imp:

But . . . I don’t see it in the bOING bOING store. I am DISAPPOINTED.

1 Like

Sold out? I have some old sneakers I’d be willing to part with for half that.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to cash in on my stockpile of jeans with the crotches worn out.

1 Like

Not sad that they are sold out, as I was going for these anyway. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/en-ca/Maison-Margiela-Leather-Cutout-Boot-Sandal-Black/prod192380016/p.prod My monthly old-age security should just about cover it.

“There’s a sucker born every minute.” The con man’s mantra. Often attributed to P.T. Barnum, but never verified.

Personally, I don’t like this distressed -look fashion trend. Wearing out your own well-made new clothes is a very green thing to do. This instead of tossing away stuff all the time. How long do those torn up jeans last? We used to fade our new jeans with a little bleach when we bought them. But real blue jeans were meant for work and were so stiff when new you could stand them up in a corner. Even with constant wear they would last a decade, But I don’t get the appeal of pre-ripped clothes. What’s the statement?

As a kid my shoes literally pulled off my feet by an escalator. When they were retrieved by the maintenance guy, they looked something like this.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.