These sparking wheels were hours of fun

My parents typically bought us less noisy toys… that might have been a pattern.

4 Likes

I had one of those sparking ray guns. When I was a little older and Scouting I had one of those hand-cranked flashlights. In retrospective perhaps good exercise; I can practically feel the nostalgic cramps in my right hand.

Say what you will about Kmart, but their toy and model section was wonderland to an 80’s kid.

6 Likes

When I was a little older and Scouting I had one of those hand-cranked flashlights. In retrospective perhaps good exercise; I can practically feel the nostalgic cramps in my right hand.

Recycled gif. Saving the planet.

4 Likes

I spent a heck of a lot of time in the kmart toy section in the late 70’s and early 80’s. The sci-fi isle of course. Looking for the rare star wars action figure or just hugging the giant zenomorph my parents wouldn’t let me buy but that was always out of its box.

2 Likes

Oh, that smell. That and the “red devil” percussion caps that exploded when you threw them. 5th November here in the UK drags those memories back every year (Bonfire Night for the uninitiated).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.