These spoons and bowls use electricity to make food taste saltier

Originally published at: These spoons and bowls use electricity to make food taste saltier | Boing Boing

1 Like

You could make a more sophisticated one, with an encephalopathic implant that effects your memory, to convince you that you ate a delicious meal.

3 Likes

Pescoed!

5 Likes

Citations needed. So many citations needed. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I’ll be eagerly awaiting the invention of silverware that tastes like sugar.

So… Do you mean lead utensils?

11 Likes

Wavelength of electricity? :thinking:

3 Likes

Ion-specific “wavelengths of electricity”?

Citation needed, indeed

5 Likes

Perhaps they meant to say frequency.

1 Like

with an 120 v ac version it might be possible make all food taste permanently different.

4 Likes

This has to be a troll right? There is a link to the last time this was posted RIGHT IN THE POST.

Available from the BoingBoing store?

3 Likes

I know that touching your tounge to 115VAC 400Hz aircraft generator power will cause you to only taste hospital food for a few months.

7 Likes

When I was a bobling, I tried connecting batteries to my tongue, which can indeed produce a transient salty sensation (idk whether it’s electrolysis of mouth juices or current affecting the flave buds directly) (also I am lying about the batteries, because it sounds worse if I say “DC power supply”)

So my reaction is not so much skepticism as “this is something I found to be pointless and dumb when I was 9 or 10”

ETA I didn’t read the “ion-bunching” part before. That does raise a number of questions.

2 Likes

You can also try it yourself in your bathtub

This is cool but I much prefer 9v battery taste.

2 Likes

Re: Salty Food

Liked for “bobling” :joy:

I used to do that as a kid. One day in a store I picked up a battery to lick it. Turned out to be a 22v flash battery. Didn’t do it again.

1 Like

This seems like something which isn’t a solution to something which isn’t a problem.

Please, just use less salt. Salt is completely a habit. Once you eat less of it, you want less of it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.