"They are gooch-like." Watch Trump's cringeworthy TikTok word salad

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/14/they-are-gooch-like-watch-trumps-cringeworthy-tiktok-word-salad.html

3 Likes

gooch

Obligatory:

24 Likes

Goddamnit, I was SURE I’d be quick enough to be the first one to post this. :smile:

13 Likes

:wink:

17 Likes

I have no idea what he is talking about, but Goochland is a lovely place here near me.

15 Likes

But many, including former Trump chief strategist Steve Bannon, see Yass’s fingerprints all over the ex-president’s shameless reversal, which reeks of self-serving opportunism rather than principled policymaking.

Do we think associating (even via a compound sentence structure) Steve Bannon with concerns over “self-serving opportunism rather than principled…” anything is at all sensible?

Perhaps most notable to us pollyannas the House republicans did not follow the bribed-over trump into this one issue for once. Having typed that, i still think going specifically after tiktok for problems associated with pretty much all social media is likely to backfire upon any Democratic support of a ban on tiktok.

5 Likes

Is he implying she’s not unique?

7 Likes

I would love to see Trump descend into truly unintelligible gibberish that even his MAGA suck-ups won’t get, and see if they just keep going with it, pretending it’s deep wisdom, and faking like they understand.

Shit, for all I know we’re already there.

14 Likes

Worst. Pootie Tang reboot. Ever.

7 Likes

His fundamentalist followers will just say he’s speaking in tongues…and it’s proof he’s God’s Chosen one.

13 Likes

Maybe Mooch-like?

Anthony_Scaramucci_at_SALT_Conference_2016_(cropped)

8 Likes

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe…"

12 Likes

Not just Steve Bannon. The whole party is all about self- serving opportunism rather than principled anything. When they say something like that, they just mean their own selves weren’t given that same opportunity.

8 Likes

“What Facebah-book did with lock boxes, with a $500 million, Zuckerberg’s, lock boxes that he put in. I mean, I considered illegal. But, you know, so they, you know, they put people in jail when they spend, they put people in jail when they spent more than $5,600 in a campaign.”

I assume there’s a story there - which Trump has gotten completely and utterly wrong. It probably didn’t involve actual lock boxes, or $500 million, and/or Zuckerberg/Facebook. Yet again, Trump heard a story he didn’t understand but it upset him (probably for reasons that aren’t real either) and has tried to reconstitute the story from memory. I suspect it’s about the $350 million that Zuckerberg donated to a non-partisan non-profit that gives grants to local election offices to actually, you know, run the elections. Apparently everything was such a mess in 2020, the money was vital to actually getting ballots out in a lot of the country, and since Trump lost, everyone involved in helping run the election is to blame.

We’re already there. Newsmax is claiming he’s deliberately acting demented to trick the news media, because… reasons. The only (right-wing) reporters willing to interview Trump are so compromised they’re just going to ignore the gibberish and try to interpret the word salad in a way that looks good for him.* Most of Trump’s followers, even the ones who go to his rallies where he rants unintelligibly, don’t even notice because they don’t actually pay attention to most of what he says (they’re waiting for key words they can invest with meaning they don’t necessarily have).

*Which frankly the entire news media has been doing since 2015. Trump says something incoherent, and everyone interprets it in a way that makes sense and is relevant, even when Trump clearly has no idea what he’s talking about. But he’s getting worse, so it’s harder to do.

11 Likes

My cousins who live there actually call it “The Gooch”.

The Gooch, full of pointers, pheasants and ponys. Gun and Garden if you will.

Tik Tok word salad is consumed there like oats in sacks to horses.

3 Likes

Gooch-like

6 Likes

“gooch-like”…
taint that sumpin’?

3 Likes

(upon further reflection, notes that “gooch” is only a couple letters off from a certain racial slur…)

6 Likes

I can’t think of any. Maybe he was referring to people who wear Gucci?

nope. not that one…
(think hard ch sound)

4 Likes