They could have stopped making rock videos after Peter Gabriel's 'Sledgehammer'

What, and no Skibidi?

3 Likes

I remember always catching this video at the tail end. Like turning the channel to MTV and being presented with the chickens and saying dammit I missed it again!!

Those were the dancing chickens of disappointment.

4 Likes

New video in three days.

Also:

6 Likes

The things some directors could do with just a few props, too.

8 Likes

Xeni bait…

12 Likes

I think about some really good bands that you’d think could have some kick-ass creative videos, like The Pixies or TV on the Radio, and they’re generally kinda…meh. Very disappointing.

3 Likes

To quote Weird Al: I bet that took them hours to make.

2 Likes

Fortunately, there is this…

8 Likes

In the vein of great animation for music videos i still think about this:

6 Likes

Good to know who to thank/blame. :wink:

2 Likes

So many hip-hop acts had the typical “in your face/camera” videos, it was refreshing to see some directors get creative, even on a low budget.

For low-budget, I just have to toss this one in…

5 Likes

giphy%20(63)

Turkeys of despair.

5 Likes

Love Digable. Hadn’t heard them in almost twenty years and then Where I’m From was playing at a restaurant in East Austin and I said to my wife, I haven’t heard Digable Planets in ages. Who? she asked. Opportunity! :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, lotsa good hip-hop being made these days. Just not commercial Hip-Hop. And I know that sounds snobbish, but it’s true.

7 Likes

I appreciate the unequivocal truth of this statement.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for posting cool videos. I’ll nominate Ok Go as videos worth seeing.

11 Likes
10 Likes

i miss Digable Planets. their socially conscious, embracing, positive kind of music is lacking these days.

5 Likes

Fine, but getting Christopher Walken to dance in your video is a cheat code.

9 Likes

It doesn’t hurt to have one of the best electronica artists ever doing the music.

4 Likes

To be honest, it could have been lots of people and it would still be a very cool video… even just some random old dude.

And yeah, as @Mister44 notes, Fatboy Slim is pretty awesome, I got to say.

I think I stand by my comment, that Peter Gabriel upped the game for making music videos. He made it okay to actually invest some time, effort, and artistry into what is essentially a 5 minute ad.

11 Likes