They could have stopped making rock videos after Peter Gabriel's 'Sledgehammer'

The only video you ever need to watch:

6 Likes

I’ll just leave this here…

1 Like

Oh, and this…

Damn, remembered another…

2 Likes

This is a bit before Peter Gabriel’s video…

3 Likes

I think I’m done now.

3 Likes

or their other videos?

2 Likes

Art of Noise FTW! Was a huge fan of them and their ZTT labelmates like Propaganda.

Was so pissed off when I found out they had played the whole of “in Visible Silence” at a gig at the British Library last year:

Saw them at Hammersmith Apollo back in '86 after they’d broken free from ZTT (and former band mate Paul Morley). Morley was (and still is) something of a pretentious pillock. The previous year ZTT held a series of gigs called ‘The Value of Entertainment’ in London, on introducing the Art of Noise he said something along the lines of ‘nobody wants to see them poking at sequencers so I had them taken out back and shot’ before 3 dancers ‘interpreted’ the song.

On the way out, he signed my programme with ‘That’s Value. Was it?’. Wish I knew where I’d put it…

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to catch OK GO live last year when I was visiting Vegas. Small venue (Donnie and Marie showroom!), and they played along to all of their videos - interspersed with various anecdotes about how they made them:

(no-one listed the Vegas one but pretty sure it was the same)
Talking to the tour manager after, he said they hoped to bring the show to Europe - here’s hoping they visit the UK!

Also bells:

And kids (they confetti bombed the stage at the end of ‘The One Moment’, then brought a bunch of kids up on stage to join them in covering Blur’s ‘Song 2’. Show was part of a music industry conference, lot of families in the audience):

Meanwhile, this thread just wiped out my Sunday evening - too much good stuff to watch! My son got me into Caravan Palace a while back, so so good.
(edited for stupid typos…)

3 Likes

Now I hate you… :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

I love a lot of the mentioned video’s but for some reason there are also quite a few that do nothing for me. Glad to see Everlong mentioned, probably my all-time favorite video!

In no particular order, by no means a complete overview of my other favorites:

This is actually 4 songs making one long video

There is a entire DVD with a video for every song on this cd, but this is (IMO) the best:

For all the commandline lovers:

And a unknown (even in the Netherlands) Dutch band that made a really great video with minimal means:

1 Like

Seeing that this thread will close, perhaps posting in the Da Musicz thread or making an “interesting videos” thread might do.

3 Likes

My favourite Toni Basil video is not a Toni Basil video:

4 Likes

ETA: lol@sm57

2 Likes

Wow. For many reasons.
Good find.

This video so enraptured me as a child that I insisted my parents let me buy the whole “So” album. It was the first album I bought with my own money and still find inspiration in it today. “Mercy Street” is one of the greatest sad bastard songs of all time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.