They found Ghislaine Maxwell through GPS

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/05/they-found-ghislaine-maxwell-through-gps.html

6 Likes

Makes you wonder what the clever criminals are getting away with.

13 Likes

More evidence that Epstein was the brains of the operation.

6 Likes

Sorry, I’m not fully firing yet this morning.

Betamax
Ajax
??? Kpax?
Haystacks?

Why? How does it relate to G Max or are they just rhymes?

9 Likes

1 Like

How long until a trump pardon?

3 Likes

Didn’t her coordinates ever overlap with any In N’ Out locations?

2 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here and speculate that her erstwhile co-conspirator’s code name might have been J Eps.

3 Likes

I would have thought that the way they found her was because she was listed on the DBA that paid cash for the house and that it wasn’t really a secret where she was.

2 Likes

GPS?
Have you spelt STD wrong?

Reminds me of how the first Mission: Impossible movie had a villain played by Vanessa Redgrave who went by the pseudonym “Max” and had the line “I don’t have to tell you what a comfort anonymity can be in my profession. It’s like a warm blanket.”

2 Likes

It’s always bugged me that the plot of M:I just magically leapt forward when Ethan starts spamming random email addresses after figuring out the Max/Job 3:14 link. It’s not even a fully qualified domain for christ sake!

6 Likes

Considering that screenwriters spend so much time working on their computers it’s amazing how badly written most movie scenes involving computers are. Especially in movies written during the early days of the internet.

4 Likes

Well it wasn’t Prince Andrew thats for sure.

4 Likes

TLDR is: Not much to do with GPS per se, they found a phone she was using, had a bunch of other evidence from cell phone usage and other data then used a cellphone Stingray to narrow down exactly which house she was living in.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.