Things Millennials Are Killing

No, you’re not.

Millennials habits just demonstrate the changing trends of consumerism; they don’t consciously dictate it.

Frankly, I get tired of hearing such lame complaints from older generations; if society is declining, it’s because the previous gens failed in their endeavors to adequately provide for posterity.

7 Likes

My spouse is the same way!

My own strategy is to drink from waterford crystal and eat from the finest quality china with elegant silverware. If I ever wear out what I’ve inherited, I’ll got to the local yard sales and get some more, typically cheaper than new plastic and steel crap.

My cats drink from heirloom bowls, my potted plants sit on antique bone china. I use stuff until it breaks, instead of keeping it in a drawer gathering dust.

Only time I’ve visited my bank in the last two years has been to inform them of travel plans, (and that only because the online portal for it isn’t very user friendly.)

I think it’s the result of social acceptance and changing mores.

But as a single person who would like some form of monogamy the prospect of filling the role of "side girl"for someone already in a relationship is even less appealing than a one night stand.

2 Likes

I can’t say i fully understand it, but i presume it’s a case of a friend with benefits type of thing instead of a hidden affair on the side. I can’t pretend to say i would be comfortable being in an open relationship, i prefer monogamy but if a couple is into polyamory then all i can do is wish them happiness.

Hopefully this doesn’t come across as mansplaining i just like random facts, but i am reminded of the term Menage a Trois. It does not denote a sexual act, but is a term for a polyamory relationship (Literally translates to Household of Three)

3 Likes

It’s older than that

This advert is at least 16 years old. The death of banks has nothing to do with millennials.

1 Like

I understand it completely and don’t care at all if other people want to form that sort of relationship. My point was that I’m not interested partipating in that set up, especially as a third. I wonder how many other people are, as there is a difference between being part of a couple in an open relationship and being a third in the same situation.

While there a probably plenty of couples who are being honest with each other and in agreement about the terms of their relationship, there are just as many who are not.

4 Likes

In this case, I think you’ve identified why the presentation of “$INDUSTRY$ underperforms with demographic” as “millennials are killing” annoys me so much.

Positing a conspiracy of murder on the part of an entire generation is a pretty ridiculous thing to do just to avoid the suggestion that perhaps your business sucks at customers; but merrily on it goes…

4 Likes

Whenever I read the word “Millennials” I mentally substitute “People between the ages of 13 and 40” (unless the source specifies a more precise definition). It helps me make sure i properly feel the reduction of the whole argument to obvious BS.

Not that the trends are necessarily false. Just the interpretations and explanations of them.

2 Likes

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”
–Socrates

2 Likes

Damn Greek Millennials!

5 Likes

They were snowflakes before it was cool

1 Like

Things Millennials Like (Apparently)

1 Like

Millenials are killing misattributed quotes!
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/01/misbehaving-children-in-ancient-times/

2 Likes

So… Millenials live middle of the road, boring lives where they use common technologies, wear clothes and eat food?

Who’da thunk it?

6 Likes

Millennials are turning out better than anyone expected — and it may be thanks to their parents

Not a “Things Millennials are killing” but i’m amused of the Millennials are not that bad and we’re gunna take credit for it narrative. I mean, it’s not wrong but it does make my eyes roll.

2 Likes

That millennials aren’t killing their parents is a good sign! :grinning:

1 Like

I mean… it could be possible

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.