Things That Really "Grind My Gears..."

Liked for joke and unliked for poor taste in apples.

Thus began the Malus pumila Wars. Let’s hope Rome doesn’t win again.

4 Likes

What got my goat again today is the limited variety of apples we can usually buy. The month or so when many other local ones are available around here is my fave time of year, and that’s a big reason. So many different flavors (rich flavors!), and textures, and colors!

4 Likes

As a graphic designer, oh yeah that burns my biscuits.

11 Likes

Yes, but more accurately, people with no situational awareness because they care more about their phones than the outside world.

If I had no moral compunction, I could make a killing as a pickpocket.

10 Likes

FTFY  

12 Likes

12 Likes

Exactly. If people want to meander, I’m fine with that. It’s when they slow everyone else down by acting as though we don’t all have to share public space that irks me.

On the flip side, what makes me really happy is that at this point in my life, most (though not all) of my problems are merely irksome. Not old enough to have debilitating health issues, though that will come as it always does. Not young enough to have debilitating lack of experience. Middle age is turning out to be relatively mellow now that I’ve given up my plans to fix the world and settled for accomplishing a little percussive maintenance on my corner of it.

Or writing fake news on Fecklessbook. IJS.

Oh, that reminds me of another thing that chaps my Cheetos…people who deny stealing cookies when they’re caught with their hand in the jar.

7 Likes

11 Likes

People in general, I fucking hate you all.

8 Likes

…is the right answer! :thumbsup:

I would have also accepted Egremont Russet or Worcester Pearmain.

4 Likes

Second time posting this today:

9 Likes

I like fake news, assuming it’s satire. What grinds my gears is people who pass along satire as true news stories because they can’t be arsed to think critically :rage:

13 Likes

People that mix forward and back slash and who say or type one when they mean the other.

For example when I see something like this: “you can do this\that” it drives me up the wall.

4 Likes

As I like to say, I’m not *ist. I hate all people equally regardless of race, region, nationality, or orientation.

4 Likes

One for all the haters out there.

2 Likes
2 Likes

14 Likes

Sharing the bed with my cat is grinding my gears. Even though he is the more persnickety of the two of us, he has NO problem at all with me on or in the bed in fact he ranks this as a highlight of his day, but then again I:

• don’t get up and walk over sleeping bodies to get my water
  • am not habituated to sleeping on a heating pad that shuts itself off after two hours as a safety mechanism
  • am not bred with fur so fine to be absolutely at home in southeast Asia temperatures
  • don’t refuse or ignore non-electrical beds made for creatures my size
  • usually sleep with a fellow species member for warmth, an option also available to the cat
  • don’t curl up between people’s legs, or under their armpits making it hard for them to move, and making their necks and shoulders sore in the morning

I wake up overheated or sore, or with stomach-icing terror or dread, and I need my energy for the day. You can suggest I sleep somewhere else but he’ll follow me. If I close the door he will wail and wake the other people up.

8 Likes

They all taste the same when you put ketchup on them.

33 Likes

I have a slightly overweight golden retriever who does the same thing, except that she also gets up at least twice a night.

6 Likes