Things That Really "Grind My Gears..."

This is another reason why my cat Sully has not ever been allowed in my bedroom; give them an inch, they’ll take ten miles.

9 Likes

There FTFY

14 Likes

That too.

6 Likes

There’s a crosswalk (Britishism: zebra crossing) in front of the building where I work. Several times a week I’ll stand on the sidewalk patiently waiting for traffic to pass by and someone will come to a screeching halt right in front of me and give me that condescending little wave, oblivious to the two other lanes of high speed traffic whizzing by.

Alternatively someone will step right off the sidewalk and march defiantly across the street glaring at the cars that technically had the right of way but have been forced to stop.

TL;DR: what really grinds my gears is when someone pops into a comment thread and starts the old cars-versus-pedestrians argument and it’s only a matter of time before bicyclists get into it.

8 Likes

Is this better?

Seriously though; I have no patience for such nonsense right now.

8 Likes

(Britishism) pavement.

2 Likes

The Big Bang Theory’s laugh track. And the jokes. (Sorry - It’s possible I may have mentioned this elsewhere).

11 Likes

Mayhap you have.

After posting this, I’ve realized that I’m far more annoyed by people and their irksome behavior than I am by actual “things.”

6 Likes

Also @SpunkyTWS: footpath.

2 Likes

Ok – I can take a hint!

3 Likes

*lolz

No ‘hint’ intended.

2 Likes

Ok for real … it’s when people say “There’s no such thing as a stupid question.” Go teach as an adjunct somewhere. You’ll see.

13 Likes

Surely once their foot is in the zebra these pedestrians do have the right of way.

3 Likes

How about we don’t derail this post into yet another pointless discussion of pedestrian v. drivers, hmmm?

Thanks.

2 Likes

You mean derail the thread? Because the post to which I replied was certainly about pedestrians and drivers.

For that matter, the thread’s title suggests it is primarily automotive in nature.

2 Likes

It’s not.

And thanks for the pedantry; but please abide.

2 Likes

<>

Why is a pineapple?

3 Likes

No soap—radio!

4 Likes