Things That Really "Grind My Gears..."

I hear ya.

I use gmail, and if there’s a way to delete people from your contacts, I’ll be damned if I can find it…

I would have to send so many requests back because the app admins just requested install this software on the server for us with no instructions and it would sneak past the ticket managers.

Or the other side…

Build the software package (think some line of business app you’ve never used and never will), send to qa and sme and everyone is happy with it.

Six months later randomly talking with a user of the software and the moan about all the configuration they need to do after it is installed. Nothing “custom” about their configuration. Every user of the software needs the same config. A trivial transform file or script after install and no one would need to do anything besides hit the Install button.

Head. Desk.

1 Like

That’s because no WiFi means they’re advertising no WiFi, or someone’s complaining about the lack of WiFi. That’s not a big selling point usually. Also, search engines suck at this compared to humans, and need to be explicitly told “‘no WiFi’ OR ‘without WiFi’ OR ‘WiFi unavailable’ OR…”, where OR is the boolean operator.

Here’s what I’ve been able to find. There are few options, and they all probably suck. For the record, I’ve spent maybe two weeks of my life in Seattle, so I can’t endorse any of these. I’ve been to Honor Cafe, and it seems alright.

https://m.yelp.com/biz/honor-coffee-and-tea-seattle-5

1 Like

Munroe agrees with you…

Personally I like Red Delicious. But I’m a noted degenerate philistine who enjoys absinthe and putting ketchup on hotdogs, so my room in hell is already secure.

13 Likes

Fair chance.

15 Likes

It makes me so mad I can hardly breath.

6 Likes

You dropped something during your respiratory attack.

9 Likes

One of the great things about this place is that it’s one of the few where I can get a preview of how confused I’ll be when aliens and super-intelligent AI fight to the death for my soul.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m often confused. I’m oh so rarely sorry :wink:

3 Likes

Fair point.

3 Likes

Entirely possible… :wink:

16 Likes

I’ll be your dormmate across the hall, though I won’t touch your absinthe if you promise not to drink the last root beer. Dammit, @chgoliz, Red D apples are good! Maybe they just don’t sell good specimens in Illinois.

7 Likes

There is. But I’m not sure if I understand you correct. You can delete contacts, but they can still contact you because you are not deleted from there list. But probably thats the thing you were talking about?
Mail filtering is also a funny thing to play with.

4 Likes

There’s gotta be a class in how to properly use gmail…

3 Likes

The Red Delicious is the Trump 2016 of apples. The Golden Delicious is the Nigel Farage. (Although who am I kidding, he probably eats Cox).

4 Likes

Don’t compare us hotdog and ketchup munching absinthe slurping right headed people with your freakish perclivity towards flavorless “food” with the texture of a ■■■■■ dust bunny.

5 Likes

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

4 Likes

I was referring to him preferring good, ENGLISH apples, like they USED to be.

3 Likes