This 21yo faked being Trump’s family, then Trump fell for it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/08/this-21yo-faked-being-trumps-family-then-trump-fell-for-it.html

4 Likes

Hopefully, as this guy is still pretty young, there’s time for him to learn that that sort of shit has negative real-world consequences even if you’re just doing it for the lulz.

26 Likes

Consequences? They’ll make him a senior manager in the 2024 campaign.

17 Likes

I have a sudden urge to pose as Fred Trump and remind Donnie that he’s a loathsome little turd who will never be worthy of my love or respect.

20 Likes

If he can be flattered into this, maybe we can figure out a way to flatter this deranged narcissist into jumping off the top of his tower.

6 Likes

There will be no 2024 campaign. Trump is going to be too busy trying to fend off NY State AG and her 67 currently sealed indictments set to be opened on Jan.21,2021…ain’t no pardon for state crimes!!

11 Likes

“I’m not a bad person, I just do bad things and think they are funny and don’t understand how they are bad and I’m bad and should feel bad.”

17 Likes

So if I impersonate someone in the “real world” for personal gain, (except in the case of satire) I’m pretty sure that’s against the law. Why doesn’t the same thing hold in the online world?

3 Likes

Citation please? I know that there’s a lot floating between her and the NYC DA (and DC and MD, I believe), but this is pretty specific. I found a tweet with that info, but no link.

5 Likes

Josh told me he had remorse: “I should have used better judgment and stuff. But I didn’t deliberately try and dupe people out of money.”

But the fake accounts had another purpose: Asking for money.

He used them to promote his GoFundMe for “Gay Voices for Trump," a political group that – he admitted to me last week – doesn’t exist. He brought in $7,384.

So… he convinced people he was someone he was not, raised money for a group that didn’t exist, but it’s cool because although he was duping people for the purpose of getting money for himself, that’s somehow not the same as “trying to dupe people out of money.” Uh huh. Is he trying to convince us it was somehow accidental? Somehow I don’t think even he believes that.

4 Likes

“I didn’t deliberately try to dupe people out of money.”

WTF does that mean? You “accidentally” tried to dupe people out of money? Because you certainly duped people out of money.

8 Likes

It means “I hear if I just string a bunch of relevant sounding words together nobody will bother to parse my sentences to see if they make any sense. I learned from this guy who became president on a reality TV show”

11 Likes

Just like fleas have littler fleas, big grifters have little grifters riding their coattails.

5 Likes

I mean, he can fly after all. All the greatest, biggest, smartest people know how to do that.

2 Likes

I don’t actually expect him to make it to 2024. He’s an old man, in poor health, appears to have dementia, and is clearly delusional, and is under enormous stress and has poor sleeping habits. I don’t know if its more likely to be the stroke, heart-attack, or re-infection of covid that is more likely to get him though.

3 Likes

Was it the NYTimes that put the red diagonal line across all the fake tweets? Or is this a Twitter thing? I didn’t see any legend in the article explaining those lines. (Definitely I’m in favor of news sources, when quoting things they know to be false, to label them so clearly.)

And why not? Tweeting whilst dead hasn’t stopped Herman Cain.

4 Likes

The New York Times added the red lines to the screenshots. The article says that Twitter closed all Hall’s accounts.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.