This $4.5M Maryland Mansion has a miniature cobblestone Main Street in the basement

Probably “his” and “hers” bathrooms in the master suite?

2 Likes

This may (or may not) help. As close as any of us will come…

1 Like

This is, after all, a house designed for entertaining.

(The extra full bath is probably the one in the pool house)

1 Like

I haven’t. What strange delights have they prepared for their guests?

2 Likes

Indeed. That was lovely. I think the wingwalker toward the end was a bit over the top, but the rest of the tribute was excellent.

Plus, you’re not out the replacement cost of my keyboard, because I remembered to lean back before I started drooling during the video…

2 Likes

Nah, that’s the guest pool. It doubles as a toilet for the main house.

1 Like

6 Likes

… Them’s fighting words!

4 Likes

I agree that it’s cool–and more than just kinda.

People spend fortunes and time building model train layouts, dollhouses, and all sorts of other things. This strikes me as a bigger-than-HO-scale version of that same hobby–and is certainly a less harmful way of spending the money than, say, donating it to a Republican’s reelection war chest. I’m for a world with more whimsy than less, even if the whimsy’s expensive sometimes.

4 Likes

5a267cd7e5930_images(32).jpeg.786aa1b35fde2a16310b24eb292ead70

British Leyland__original rust

12 Likes

I thought it would be “miniature” like for hobbits :confused:

You never know. When I was helping my newlywed bride move into our new home many years ago, I remember carrying a box of her VHS movies and seeing a copy of “The Sound of Music” next to a film called “Cuckoo for Cocoa Cock”. True story.

2 Likes

And throwing cobblestones.

1 Like

I assume they’re throwing drunken parties down there and it’s all basically wallpaper

I mean, the alternative is some rich person got lonely and wished they lived in the city so they could walk around downtown with their friends, and instead of buying a condo they built an entire fake downtown in their basement

That’s like Winchester Mystery House level crazy

1 Like

Yeah, probably a whole different vibe going on in that basement.

3 Likes

I was going to give the movie theater marquee a pass as it could be a local theater showing old movies, but the WWI era bonds poster at the post office really messed it all up. If you’re going to be building a main street in your basement, pick a time period and stick with it people!

3 Likes

Right?

That would be much more interesting, I bet…

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity I googled “Marilyn Manson Basement” and got this quote:

“My grandfather had been the ugliest, darkest, foulest, most depraved figure of my childhood, more beast than human, and I had grown up to be him, locked in the basement with my secrets as the rest of the family reveled in the petty and ordinary upstairs. Down there, I saw my black, ancient, ineluctable core exposed, like a crab forced out of its shell–dirty, vulnerable, and obscene. For the first time in my life, I was truly alone.” ― Marilyn Manson, The Long Hard Road Out of Hell

3 Likes

I think we’ve found Dick Cheney’s “undisclosed location” from all those years ago.

1 Like

I assume you’ve seen this classic:

7 Likes