This adorable chinchilla has a very important message for you this Easter: Please don't buy live animals to give as Easter gifts

Originally published at: This adorable chinchilla has a very important message for you this Easter: Please don't buy live animals to give as Easter gifts | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’m still confused at the notion of giving presents for Easter. When did this start? It certainly wasn’t a thing when I was a kid.

6 Likes

yeah! and along came climax capitalism. inflection point perhaps somewhere twixt valentine’s day becoming “gotta buy some hallmark cards” to “grandparents day”. (“More naturally holidays should be ranked by kilograms crappy chocolate per capita” so no love for candy corn at all?)

3 Likes

Yeah back in my day nobody gave us eggs. We had to go out and search for painted eggs the hard way, crawling through the snow, both ways!

16 Likes

I’m in my mid fifties and always got a basket when young. Usually just candy, but occasionally a stuffed animal

2 Likes

It’s all a scheme by Big Present :wink:

I mentioned recently in another topic that I worked temp off-and-on in a toy warehouse for a few years. It seems that any and all holidays are gift-giving occasions now. One that especially surprised me was that Mother’s Day was one of their busiest times of the year. When I was a kid you gave a card or a gift to your mother—it was her day; no one else received gifts on Mother’s Day.

4 Likes

Once I cot a chocolate egg without the surprise insde, but a chocholate clock outside. The chocolate clock was a cheap quartz clock that run on a 1,5 V AA cell and was dark chocolate brown, milk chocloate brown, and white chocolate white. Maybe no the most classy gift, but useful as bathroom clock.

3 Likes

Little chinchy boi is an excellent ventriloquist!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.