This adorable dog can't hide her disgust of broccoli

Originally published at: This adorable dog can't hide her disgust of broccoli | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Try having it taste…um, whatever this dog isn’t having.

17 Likes

My dog actually likes broccoli! I mean given the choice between that and some meat is kinda unfair.

I feel like broccoli gets a bad rap in general. (Were people hating on it before George HW bush?) I think it’s one of those vegetables like Brussel sprouts that people have a bad impression of v because they were forced to eat it steamed or boiled with no seasoning. Roast your vegetables with some oil and salt and pepper (and maybe some other stuff like garlic and onions) so they get a little caramelization and they’re so much better.

18 Likes

Right?

I love broccoli, exactly that way.

12 Likes

I’m not eating broccoli :broccoli:, right now.

11 Likes

Did someone say broccoli?

SNL trivia, this is what he used for his audition.

7 Likes

All of our dogs and several of our cats have liked broccoli.

3 Likes

Never understood it. Are little kids afraid of baby trees, or something? :thinking: Broccoli can be eaten raw with any kind of dressing or dip, which is more than I can say for Brussels sprouts… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Season 6 Food GIF by ABC Network

12 Likes

The one on the right will eat almost anything. Draws the line at cranberries though.

8 Likes

Brussels sprouts were definitely awful, but my mom always served broccoli with cheese sauce when we were kids. This dog needs some cheese sauce.

GIF by Mashable

5 Likes

I’ll eat the two little sprigs of broccoli that come in Gen. Tso’s chicken, and no more. My cat gets any large egg bits from the fried rice. :nauseated_face:

Agreed; was one of the few green vegetables I actually liked as a kid.

3 Likes

At one point, we gave our two (small) dogs broccoli, a single floret each. One ate it right down. The other carried it in his mouth, with the stem sticking out like a cigarette for a full minute. It was like “what the hell do it do with this?” Finally, he dropped it and the other swooped in and ate it too.

2 Likes

Brussels sprouts literally taste less bitter now than they used to.

3 Likes

And lemon. This is the quadrangular foundation of tasty roasted veggies –– olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon.

3 Likes

As a kid, my parents got me to eat broccoli by calling it ‘vitamin trees’. That and copious amounts of cheese sauce.

1 Like

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.