This animation shows a dog's six different kinds of gaits

Also, is this a gait?

VrQfFcO

Also, not a dog, but my old cat that died a few years ago had this way of running that a friend of mine swore looked like a pony…

5 Likes

Based on this, I appear to have animated a trot the last time I animated a dog. That gait is the most fun to animate I think, it’s got a fun rhythm and a lot of contrast in how the legs are moving.

gentle-smaller

Bounce bounce bounce

8 Likes

I remember there being an unneutered dog on a television advert for a Pogues album in the late 80s/early 90s.

I have no desire to go looking for it again, although any troll who did make me see it would be disappointed by my lack of reaction other than “I remember that when it was on TV!”.

3 Likes

When I first tried looking up the name of princess Leia’s ship in the first movie, Tantive came up as one of the recognized gaits of a horse. But now that definition is unfindable and I begin to doubt my own memory.

3 Likes

I’ve heard of a horse galloping, and a Gallup poll, and I’ve been to Gallup, NM, but can a dog gallup?

4 Likes

The very real problem is one of money. I’m afraid that the Ministry of Dog Gaits is no longer getting the kind of support it needs. You see there’s Defense, Social Security, Health, Housing, Education, Dog Gaits … they’re all supposed to get the same. But last year, the Government spent less on the Ministry of Dog Gaits than it did on National Defense…

2 Likes

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/10/searching-survivors-mexico-earthquake-snake-robots

2 Likes

Personally, I’m a huge fan of the little “mr. handy” rocket/jet thingy, in lieu of legs.

When can I get my mr. handy robotic butler?? This is 2018 ffs!

1 Like

dog was clearly gallivanting

note semi-erect… stance

2 Likes

It is a scandal! #gaitgate

2 Likes

Human memory is a weird thing. We more often are having memories of our memories…

1 Like

IDK, I would need a walker to effectively get around my back yard in the hills if it is to help with the gardening. A roller would be in serious trouble on all our ridiculous landscape stairs too.

You misspelled gallop (Not Gallup).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.