This animation shows a dog's six different kinds of gaits

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/15/this-animation-shows-a-dogs.html

3 Likes

Fake news…I don’t see my dog’s gait: fat old and happy chocolate lab waddle.

12 Likes

Read the title again. It’s A dog’s six different kinds of gaits - as in that one dog :stuck_out_tongue:
Heck, I think my bassett only has 3. Slow walk, not as slow walk, and hilarious cacophony of accelerated floppy bits…

18 Likes

It’s missing how puppies get around. They bound a lot, in my experience.

11 Likes

funny…Piper has “LIGHTING REFLEXES GAIT OF KRYPTO THE SUPER-DOG” but it only shows up when you shake the milk-bone cookie box.

9 Likes

This is how robots will get around, too.

It’s not too late to stop them.

5 Likes

11 Likes

Missed one.

mHWtnqV

24 Likes

I’ve identified three gaits for my cocker spaniels. Sneaky, go fast, and GO REALLY FAST. XD

8 Likes

Why did they use a clearly intact male dog?

4 Likes

“Please, spay and neuter your GIFs.” —Bob Barker’s disembodied Meme

22 Likes

My dog gets so excited sometimes that he prances.

4 Likes

Would you prefer a gif of a bitch or a damaged dog? Why?

My hound dog used to amble when he was stalking then break out into a gallup. He terrorized all the bunnies and birds in the neighborhood. (and I’ve had to clean up bits of fur and feathers more than once)

2 Likes

11 Likes
5 Likes

I hate to break it to you but I think that dog might be a fascist.

9 Likes

I know, right. Is that goose stepping, or some other silly walk?

4 Likes

I cringe whenever someone shows a home utility robot rolling around on carpet. To be useful, a home robot should hang from the ceiling like Kevin Spacey in Moon!

Likewise, a robot in the city should be on wheels, like a car because that’s the best way to get around in that kind of environment.

Robots that can walk on uneven terrain like a dog, right now the only place that makes sense to me, is in a theater of war.

We’ve somehow managed to build international treaties that limit the use of nerve gas and nuclear weapons, I sincerely wish we could pass similar agreements on weaponized robotics. I want to see these things doing search and rescue, not fighting “bad guys”.

4 Likes

It’s okay; he had a vasectomy.

2 Likes