This awesome "I Voted" sticker designed by a teenager is the front runner in competition

Originally published at: This awesome "I Voted" sticker designed by a teenager is the front runner in competition | Boing Boing

5 Likes

17 Likes

Why does anybody think that “let’s leave this decision to an internet vote” won’t go like this?

There have been so many cases of this in the past- the internet is always going to go for the “fun” option,never the serious one.

7 Likes

Ah, Voty McVoteface.

32 Likes

As a voter and lover of fun, I’m OK with this.

19 Likes

Yep, this is clearly the internet going the troll option and picking what would under any normal situation never would be remotely considered as an option by the people behind the poll. However, like @mclemens I too have a lover of fun and applaud this choice.

4 Likes

IDK if this is restricted to Ulster County residents but I have sent an urgent message to my friends in Stone Ridge

Meh, if 14 year olds were voting on election day this would be awesome but I’m guessin’ to a lot of us old folks, not so much.

In my kids town they always get cool stickers, in my town we get nothin’.

Us absentee voters should get stickers that say Our Vote Counts Too.

1 Like

And unlike with Boaty McBoatface, I’d say these folks can’t afford discarding a popular winner because they don’t think it’s dignified—that’s a particularly bad look for a board of elections.

13 Likes

Perhaps this will be a reminder for all the people who are offended or upset by this sticker if it is ultimately the winner, that the best way to change things is to get out there and fucking vote.

(And yes I realize that we live in a republic and not a true direct democracy so the analogy is not entirely accurate.)

7 Likes

I get a sticker with my mail in ballot. Same ones that are handed out at the polling places.

2 Likes

Midjourney’s AI is a little closer

4 Likes

All of these could be badges from unspecified vaguely eastern European countries

1 Like

Knock-off Pepsi?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.