This beautiful 1969 Honda CB750 was "for Steve McQueen"

Originally published at: This beautiful 1969 Honda CB750 was "for Steve McQueen" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Can it jump a barbed wire fence?

5 Likes

I believe that was a Triumph rebadged as a BMW.

5 Likes

Yup.

5 Likes

Current Bid: $45,250

Bring a Trailer, man… :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

69’ - 76 are the best years for these Honda 750’s, I have had several over the years, easily bored out to a 880 cc and the carbs are easy to upgrade. I got near 90 horse power out’a one, and I rode that from San Diego to NYC with zero issues with a scenic route on the way back. In 80’s you could pick a light fixer up for a few hundred bucks US, not any more, expect to pay upwards to $5k for a good condition machine, and for excellent condition it will be $10k plus…

7 Likes

Yeah those Honda CBs are a sought-after Cafe racer conversion for folks right now.

4 Likes

I bought a new Honda 450 Scrambler in the early 70’s. It was supposed to be a combination road bike and off road bike, but sadly it performed neither function very well. It was hugely too heavy for off road, and vibrated like a frightened chihuahua for highway riding.
Fun while it lasted though.

2 Likes

The Honda 305 was better Scrambler, the 450 not so much. The 305 I had was my in city [SF] great get around bike, ugly, but reliable, and good on the petrol.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.